Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals.

I'm Steve.
Just put deposit down on a 69 plate Captur GT-Line with only 1,400 miles! on the clock, as our new family car.
It's replacing a (140,000 mile) 2.0 Subaru Legacy estate, so I'll miss the bigger engine, AWD, and massive boot; but the lil 1.0 seems to drive nicely. I won't miss the tax, insurance and poor fuel consumption of the Scooby though! Hahaha

I'll be looking at roof bars to stick my Thule bike racks on. I gather the Renault bars will take them, but I may stretch for Thule bars depending if I can find a used set.

Any other things I should look out for as a new owner? The car's practically new.

Anyway, here she is:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy the Captur
Gracias Pricolist.
We collect it on Wednesday just before a mini road trip, so am looking forward to exploring all the technology it has!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice colour (same as mine). For my car, I could use some extra luggage space. It is very limited if carrying rear seat passengers. Also, dirty roads where I live have made mud flaps essential. You get quite a bit of splash up the sides, especially at the rear. Nice car to drive though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice colour (same as mine). For my car, I could use some extra luggage space. It is very limited if carrying rear seat passengers. Also, dirty roads where I live have made mud flaps essential. You get quite a bit of splash up the sides, especially at the rear. Nice car to drive though.
Obrigado :)
Yeah the boot looks tiny compared to our Legacy's "cave" :ROFLMAO: But it's not a bad size, and the removable floor gives a little extra room. Plus now our youngest hopefully won't be needing a buggy for much longer, that should free up some space too... and since it'll mostly just be kids in the back, we can slide the rear bench forward. (y)
I'll look into mudflaps, are there Renault ones, or will aftermarket ones be ok?

We ended up ordering a pair of seat protectors that fit on the back of the driver and passenger seat, which will stop the kids kicking the nice leather, but they also have some pockets which should come in handy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Obrigado :)
Yeah the boot looks tiny compared to our Legacy's "cave" :ROFLMAO: But it's not a bad size, and the removable floor gives a little extra room. Plus now our youngest hopefully won't be needing a buggy for much longer, that should free up some space too... and since it'll mostly just be kids in the back, we can slide the rear bench forward. (y)
I'll look into mudflaps, are there Renault ones, or will aftermarket ones be ok?

We ended up ordering a pair of seat protectors that fit on the back of the driver and passenger seat, which will stop the kids kicking the nice leather, but they also have some pockets which should come in handy.
De nada. I bought my flaps from Amazon. Easy enough to fit although the rear wheels ideally need to be removed so make sure the jack support is secure. I can't use the removeable floor as I need the storage for my tools, medical kit etc. Not much other storage available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
De nada. I bought my flaps from Amazon. Easy enough to fit although the rear wheels ideally need to be removed so make sure the jack support is secure. I can't use the removeable floor as I need the storage for my tools, medical kit etc. Not much other storage available.
Ah that's a shame.
Thanks for the tip on the mud flaps (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts