Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought but if you could change one thing on the car, what would it be?
Personally the only thing I can think of is id make the indicator clicks a bit louder...im having to glance down to make sure they have cancelled.
Any other things anyone would change?

·
Registered
175 Posts
On the expression the only clock is on the dash board. And very small, ok for me to see but passengers can't see it. Should be on the radio display. Only that so far.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would have "Ben Hur" accessories on the wheels - you know, the rotating huge blades that chariots used to have in Roman times. You think Renault might go for it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
USB slot needs to be down by the 12 v socket on all models that have the Media Nav

·
Registered
924 Posts
live traffic updating on the medianav. It exists on the Tomtom on R-link, but not the medianav. I do not know of an alternative way of getting traffic updates into the satnav unless the medianav computer gets a make-over through a hack.
I guess I am spoilt. With Garmin setup I had, I had the traffic updates fed directly into the satnav which chose alternative routes as well as telling me about the length of the delay if I stayed on the current route.

Now I find that Garmin do a HUD (head up display) which projects onto the windscreen and connects to iphone nav apps. WOW!

I really must get out more.
preferably in the Captur.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
260 Posts
Lol VBL, full on Bodacea wheel attachments. Best suggestion so far, could do with some of them to deal with idiot boy racers!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I thought bodecea was an Essex gal. Here's a yorkie supporting us East Anglians. There's a turn-up for the books.

Mind you, you need the plains of East Anglia to make the wide-beam twirling knifes work effectively. They wouldn't work going down the roads in the Yorkshire Dales, the width of road between the dry-stone walls is simply not wide enough. I know, I had trouble getting my Renault Espace down them.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep, all good suggestions! re the usb slot, its certainly more out the way there Nick, id just be worried i caught it if i placed anything in the cubby hole underneath it (which by the way, if you lift the runner mat you'll find the plug for the computer to be plugged into. i had a nose the other day)

havent had cause to use the satnav much yet Crossbow tbh, but i thought there was a setting on there for TA? or is this different to the updating you mean? i know i turned mine off as it was announcing things and interupting my music lol

Tuckerz...does the clock only come up on display on the radio when its swiched off?

and Vbl...have you seen the Tiger Tank on Ebay...the ben hur wheels wouldnt spoil the look of that Captur

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well done Tony, spoilt all my programmes tonight, come dine with me, four in a bed and the chase. Because trying to think of an answer. Still not thought of one.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Tony have you had a look at all the settings as on my last couple of cars there was an option on the dash computer where you could change the indicator volume. Maybe worth another delve into the handbook.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd like the same glovebox as the left hand drive cards which is actually a draw and because its a wish list I would have liked the option of leather seats

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sat nav live updates is a means by which the sat nav is fed with speed sensor info over the roads,so that the sat nav can calculate the journey time of the programmed route. If it receives info regarding delays on that route a good sat nav will inform the driver via the sat nav screen. The sat nav willthen calculate options based upon the expected delay to determine a quicker route. The driver can then choose to stay on the original route or take the diversion.
The Garmin I had plumbed into my Megane did all the above. I guess I have become rather spoilt by that feature. I think the TOMTOM live feature does the same thing, but that is only available on the R-Link.

Of course the FM stations do publish Traffic reports via the TA service. These can be useful if you know the area, and you can choose your own diversion. The TA service on the Captur will kick in even when listening to the media player.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi BBT, Instead of the notification to change up and down gear I think it would be good to see what gear you are in. Another help would be if you could enter a full post code in the Medianav, I would have thought this day and age that might be standard by now.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im going to try checking that CJ

yep, understand what you mean now Crossbow and as Geoff said the option of a full post code would have been nice
i dont use the Satnav much as ive said, but when i checked the NavTech sat system on the MediaNav sounded on par with the TomTom but to me it seems a little over complicated compared to others ive used.

and ohhhhhhh to have that drawer Dal...sure would help with the slight lack of storage in the front cabin (i had a scenic...everywhere you turned had a storage area...still couldnt find anything)

and removable leather seats for the Captur? only a matter of time before they appear on Ebay i think lol

as for the gear change...does make sense to display the gear your in,maybe between the up and down indicators?

·
Registered
924 Posts
GeoffC, there is a Medianav "paid" update that gives you full postcode location search. It cost£57 and is availablewith the UK mapping extension. Can bebought and installedvia the Medianav toolbox.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well been up all night thinking of this
better voice recognition sick of repeating myself 5 times. Mhhhh no petrol cap my old megane never one now it's just a hindrance. That's it well worth the wait eh?

**** just read the title again one thing and I put two sorry.
Edited by: Dr65

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lmao no worries Dr65...shows theres not much really to fault the Captur

and think if they made it smaller Jay id have lost it by now

1 - 20 of 88 Posts