Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I was wondering as well...THICK AGAIN!..... It's comfortable for me.....IF IT DIDN'T HAVE A NAIL/SCREW coming through the top!!! I have a faulty one....and need to get it replaced...after having waited ages for it in the forst place!!! Probably manufactured in China !!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trouble with the armrest on the Captur is that, beside the fact that it's a cheap add-on, it's not linked to the seat, so when you hike up the latter, the armrest stays down there, added to that the darned thing is downward sloping and too short. To be perfectly honest, armrests even on premium cars are generally pretty useless, mainly because they are, like the Captur's , not linked to the seat and generally too short in length. Using packers like I did with adhesive door stops doesn't make it higher, but merely improves the angle of slope, so that it's not going downwards but upwards, that way your elbow has a fighting chance to rest on it !<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
110 Posts
Quick question: do you not find that the armrest hinders access to the handbrake? The Captur I test drove had one and I found it really got in the way when it was down. Shame, as I really wanted one, but realised I'd probably have left it 'up' while driving that sort of seemed to defeat the object of it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Less of a problem in an automatic Julian...you hardly use a handbrake! It's really not much good for the driver
but great for the passenger sitting next to the driver..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Barrowboy63 said:
Quick question: do you not find that the armrest hinders access to the handbrake? The Captur I test drove had one and I found it really got in the way when it was down. Shame, as I really wanted one, but realised I'd probably have left it 'up' while driving that sort of seemed to defeat the object of it.
I have to be honest I don't find it gets in the at all and mines down all the time. I only ended up with it because I have the touring pack fitted for the removable tow bar. The arm rest also adds a bit more storage.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It would appear that the optional armrest for the Clio is better (adjustable height apparently) and fits the Captur. Note that I haven't been able to verify this information, it may be worth inquiring.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Advise you against the Renault Captur armrest unless it is for the passenger at the front! It's useless for the driver because it is too short and does not adjust...Investigate the Renault Clio armrest or adjustable ones on e-bay.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the dealer fit armrest and I am quite happy with it.I only ever really use it on long motorway journeys where I need to feel a little more relaxed
I suppose it's a personal thing.

Goof luck folks!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Test drove a captur with a armrest and found that it completely hindered access to the handbrake.
Made sure my order came without one. Personally, I found it to be a afterthought that was not fit for purpose.
I am going to miss the rest as I have one in my Megan, but safety first.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts