Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to the dealers today as I haven't had an update since the car went into production. Turns out it's actually in the country nearly 2 weeks ahead of schedule! So not long now hopefully, anyone have a rough estimate of turnaround time between docks and dealers??

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks Cookster. I'm just having the parking sensors fitted and I think they're a retrofit that will be carried out down there.

·
Registered
175 Posts
They say 2 weeks was 10 days for mine to be delivered. But still waiting for my sons clio 18 days so it varies. Think the quicker they can fill a lorry to the dealer or area makes for a quicker delivery.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
In other words.....it's still in the lap of the Gods!!!....but saying that, a **** of a lot closer!!

Cj86 your time has come at last...always so frustrating...

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine arrived in the country 16 October and i am still waiting. The import centre keeps delaying delivery.... i have now been told 8 Nov. Dealer has given me a loan car to use as they genuinely expected it to be delivered 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. I waited twelve weeks for my dci90. It was ****. I was quite fond of my old car and it has stayed in the family as my daughter is now running around in it. But believe me the Captur is well worth waiting for. Its well made, looks good, its modern, economical. Ive found it practical and a good drive.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tell me about it Ythsie, longest 3 months ever!! Just hope there's no more delays!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed for you mate!! Will you wait longer than I did... 14 weeks?...only time will tell....but I know you'll have a HUGE smile on your face.....Just remember to tell everyone it's a new car that's caused it!!! LOL!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
My car was delayed at the import centre, dealer wasn't told why, got in touch with RUK and was at the dealers the next day. Could of been a coincidence though.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Cj86 just tell the dealer you will have to fill in their custommer satisfaction survey in with a negative...and watch them flinch!

THAT to them is important! Here Renault Poland phoned to carry the survey out...and the Dealership got a 100% thumbs up from me...The car was promised in a given week...and arrived in that week!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ill check again over the weekend as I wasn't actually told when the car arrived at port. Hopefully it had already been there a week! :) im not far off 14! Another 3 weeks and ill hold the equal record with you Ythsie. Not exactly the kind of record I would like to hold though....
Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Exactly Cj86!....I hope it's there and ready...you've been very patient!!

Time for your enjoyment!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Even more good news just had a call from the dealer and the cars been delivered already! 3 weeks ahead of schedule , so hopefully ill have the car by monday!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Annnnd I knew it was going too smoothly..... turnt up and the numpties at the factory have stuck the ivory gloss pack on it!! So an orange roof, wheels and then cream bits everywhere. Looks a mess!
But the dealers getting them replaced and throwing in the sensors and mats for free. So we now have to wait til next thursday. Not too fussed as we've waited this long already an extra week makes no difference.Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was getting excited to see it CJ86 as it's the same combo as mine if you remember? Who would think that you'd want ivory with black and orange? You must have been gutted!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha tell me about it acemum! I told the dealer who in there right mind would want cream accents on a black and orange car! Yeah I remember you ordered the same as me, with the orange seats and steering wheel decal etc. And all that looks amazing, but that cream just made me chuckle.
Looks so badEdited by: Cj86

·
Registered
61 Posts
Oh dear! I am surprised they didn't check the order as it was taken off the loader! Must look so strange!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I agree with the other forum members, you would have thought they would have double checked the order prior to adding the pack. However I suppose there are some people out their with strange tastes so why should they have to check. I hasten to add I am not aware of any of us having any strange tastes yet!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts