Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ian here. My wife and I have decided, after much deliberation, to buy a new car for the first time. The Captur has captured our heart and we are planning to purchase one within the next 4 weeks. Any advice on when best to buy? What awaits us when we are owner?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good choice I've had mine 2 weeks and love it. Depends what model you want the higher the spec the longer the wait it seems, I have 1.5 diesel dynamique S two tone colour with r-link and that took 12 weeks

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Got similar- Dynamique S dci but with medianav (Ivory with a Black roof) which we find great! Dci much better than petrol for economy!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Both engines are really good but pick depending on your own needs that's all I'd say. They're very different and both have positives and negatives depending on your mileage, budget, driving style etc. Regarding times to buy the end of the months always best to haggle as the dealers need to meet targets and will be a bit more flexible on prices etc. Also make sure you check the available stocks of pre built cars as there could be one matching exactly what you need and you could haggle the price down compared to a made to order.Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Yes true! The diesel suits my daily use - remember Wales is very hilly and a 900cc petrol would be false economy here!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Have Dynamique S dci - R-link, auto lights, auto wipers, heated wing mirrors, etc etc, two tone (black with Arizona roof and trimmings) and got it with super reduction ex-demo with only a few miles on. Great car, could not be happier

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yours sounds like my cars twin VBL i have Arizona wheels and internal and external trim too, finishes it off nicely ;-)

·
Registered
338 Posts
AceMum said:
Yours sounds like my cars twin VBL i have Arizona wheels and internal and external trim too, finishes it off nicely ;-)
Have you seen the "Tiger" that is for sale on eBay? Hubby glad I had not seen it before getting Eiffel ( as in French eyeful) as he is sure I would have gone for that one....can't think what makes him fear that!?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome Ian! A great choice of car..believe me.

As to where to buy it?...well shop around, because you can get a good deal out there..and you want a good dealer.
A guy was on the forum from the North west suggesting he could come up with a good package.. try him out. It depends on where you live!!
Could it be Scotland?... if so, avoid Arnold C!!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the comments and advice. I live in Inverness and would welcome any insight on where to get a good deal. Willing to travel...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome Lewistruan,
The Best advice I can give is to negotiate a deal with your LOCAL Renault dealer ( no names mentioned but the clue is in your town name) !
Mr reasoning is that if in the unlikely event of any faults developing you have solution right on your doorstep.
What is a couple of hundred pounds saved if you have a couple of hundred miles to travel for repair.
All dealers have room for negotiation and don't forget the big discounted low mileage demonstrators
Excellent cars.
Best of luck.
Regards.
Barry

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes I did can't say I wouldnt have been tempted if I hadn't already ordered mine ;-) my husband said the same! Lol

Must take a certain type of mind to go Black/Arizona ;-)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Agree with Barry...your local dealer has a good reputation...and you need someone on your doorstep at times even with a 4 year warranty and service package.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Barry, am not sure what you mean with the idea that you may have to travel couple of hundred miles for repairs? My warranty is not with the dealer but with Renault - the car can be repaired at any Renault in the world and have warranty honoured.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You will struggle to find too harsh a word for the Captur on here. With it being a new model you would have expected some teething problems, but nothing of any significance has arisen. The design and practicality are exceptional. In my case with the Dci 90 Diesel the 60+ mpg in mixed driving the low insurance and no tax combined with the four year warranty, rescue, servicing and no mot for a while is a sure fire winner.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi, Vbl,You are dead right with your comment but I was trying to get over the best way is to cultivate a connection with your local dealer.
At the end of the day if bought locallya loyalty bond can go a long way.
From an old motor trade employee I have found the guy that got the profit from sale is the one that will give best service.
I don't knock Renault because their after sales network is exceptional.
What I do believe is that the is that the chances of major warranty work being required is very slim for Renault and mostly all other manufacturers because they have finally got their act together.
My advice to the potential new owner is to stay local for peace of mind ,he has a first class dealershipon his doorstepthat hasmain branch in Inverness plus a branch in Elgin and Perththat will do all to get and keep him as a customer.
Barry

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi Ian and welcome, have a good troll through the forum loads of info on all the different models we have bought.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Picked up my captur 1.5dci dynamic s media nav on Friday, having travel led approx 200 miles consumption 68.3 mpg cannot complain pleasure to drive. More tho follow

1 - 20 of 24 Posts