Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A numberof complaints re. headlights on a French forum, especially allegedly deficient dipped beams. Personally I haven't really been able to check yet, what is your experience ?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
We don't think it's bad at all, as long as it's adjusted for height correctly
Saying that, it's not ultra bright!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Think mine are fine as I seem to go out to work using them and come home using them lately! They are adequate - but as with all halogen bulbs, there are good and bad ones; try Osram Nightbreakers if you want even better ones...

·
Registered
924 Posts
Tyrfelin said:
Some people think daytime running lights are headlights!
True!

I "just about" notice more and more people using daytime running lights instead of dipped headlights on dark rainy days.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
How about a man in front of the car carrying a red flag! Guys - my eyes are older than a lot of yours and I think the lights are fine!!!!
Edited by: Tyrfelin

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have used the Halfords "extra power" lights on my other Renaults I have had.
The only problem comes from ensuring they are UV-cut. It is the UV that damages the headlight lenses.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I hate the drivers who don't consider the oncoming traffic with ridiculously bright or high lights and of course foglights on for effect!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Morning all not noticed any issues with lights apart as stated not ultra bright. Is there a way that you can have the DLR lights on the same time as the headlights ?? cannot find anything in manual

·
Registered
824 Posts
Mall57 said:
Morning all not noticed any issues with lights apart as stated not ultra bright. Is there a way that you can have the DLR lights on the same time as the headlights ?? cannot find anything in manual

There is probably a way but there must be some reason why they have not been set that way..........Mercs seem to have this facility and they always seem too bright to me when they are on alongside the headlights!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Brought this issue to the dealer and said has corrected by changing the voltage? I will check it as soon as I get my car back, still trying to figure out the vibrations issue...Edited by: plinakos

1 - 14 of 14 Posts