Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few with the new number plate C4PTUR and optional extras...

A dream to drive my better half says...and we're going for a little run..

So very happy!

Didn't put on the mud flaps as it makes it look ugly...deciding whether to change to Manhattan seat covers...

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
260 Posts
Laaaaarvly! I think the Manhattan seat covers would be an excellent complement to the interior. See you went for your original idea for the plate from all those months back , a plate like that would cost a bomb over here!! Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cj86...very pleased...and lucky to get that plate...cost £200 which ain't bad.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Now that's a steal! Quick question your chrome tailpipe extension, is it the same as this one for the dacia?

http://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/products/Dacia-Duster-Exhaust-Tailpipe-(Chrome)-50mm.html

As its a **** of a lot cheaper on its own than the whole style pack. They also have the captur door sills which ill probably buy too.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Difficult for me to say...to be honest...if it's the same diameter it would fit I think ..but will they give you that info and lose the money? I don't know...wasn't bad here as the whole car and accessories are a lot cheaper.

Will try to measure for you!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
260 Posts
That'd be brilliant thank you, i'm guessing as they're essentially the same car I dont see why it would be a different diameter as the engine etc is the same. If so i'll order it online and fit it myself (as long as its a bolt on, not a welded one)and save myself a few bob! Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very nice indeed Ythsie - nice accessories - I'm still waiting for my car to go back in and get the gloss pack it was supposed to have.have ordered an armrest which is apparently on back order - so no delivery date

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cj86...now that I've seen it I'm even more doubtul...the tail piece is 20cm long and shaped ..it is narrower over the pipe and doesn't really fit snugly...it has a 5 cm diameter at the end but tapers in stages towards the exhaust...It's the shape that would concern me...

You know the bumper 'strengtheners' are just showy bits of plastic? They don't extend under the car like a terraine plate!!! What a price for a bit of short plastic...although they look great!!

How they can call them strengtheners beats me!! they're purely flimsy trim!!

Of all the things, I like the chrome mirrors and the sill protectors the most!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh by the way, it's bolt on...(tailpipe)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Very nice Ythsie!!
I like the scuff plates......I think some of those may well make their way onto mine!!
Superb reg plate too well done bud!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tc...I'm pleased with it...but honestly the scuff plates are a rip off!! sorry Renault...but if that 'plate' extended under the car, both front and back then I would have been pleased....but it's literally what you SEE!....and it's plastic!!.....How much does it cost in the UK?...I think it cost me £240...and it will be more with you!!

Really sad price for what it is guys....spray away or someone else will make proper strong reinforcers.. Don't like saying it because I'm positively motivated to enjoy Renault's work and design..

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bigbadtony...thank you...take that as a positive....Now I see my role in passing on my opinions...Take them or leave them..is up to you...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been out in it this afternoon and did a bit of mixed running...Fuel consumption in eco mode about 7/100 ..My partner's first attempts at driving an auto box, so really happy....she is as well, so that's a big thumbs up.. 9/10

Quiet, effortless gear changing...you genuinely can't hear the car do it...10/10

The criticism of the slowness of acceleration I put down to a bit of turbo lag, when you kick it down...but it still shifts and does the job! 8/10

Criticism?...Yes.... really upset on concrete slab roads and really uneven surfaces..and we still have plenty of them in Poland... 5/10

Cornering..slight body roll that WE need to get used to...8/10

Comfort..10/10

R-link radio and speakers 10/10...rest still to be activated.

Wow factor still remains at 10/10...as with people's comments...although my partner feels uncomfortable at being stared at...haha...could it be the number plate..or my stunning good looks? (NOT)!

SO FAR.. I could spend my whole time in that car...I'm still smitten!!!

Look forward to all your opinions...and those of you waiting know you have a treat in store!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
A lovely looking Captur Ythsie, I absolutely love the number plate!! I was looking to see if CA63TUR was available in the UK thinking that it wouldn't be too expensive however according to various websites it has already been allocated. I bet you are over the moon with the car and the accessories you have had. Lovely

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ythsie I know about the daft price of the silvery bits........my comment was on the scuff plates inside the doors........they look good!!!

Mind you the whole car does!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi Ythsie , thanks for taking the time for posting the photos and writing a review of the car. Firstly car looks lush and I'm glad your so happy with it. Not sure if it's the photo but the colour of the car looks very similar to the oyster grey.
Really talking stupid money for that number plate across here. Your partner will have to get used to people looking in her direction me thinks.
Are you saying the ride is a little rough on uneven surfaces? I read in other reviews there is a little body roll on cornering, just something I will have to get used to. Looking forward to your honest updates, happy motoring.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts