Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I connected my iPod to my captur and t came up saying loading iPod but after a few minutes said no music yet it's full with 20gb any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Why not use the strength of the system - a very subtle usb stick. Ours cost a fiver and 4gb will hold masses of albums. You can play tracks as albums or mix and match thru the settings on your system.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think that most of us are using a USB stick as it's so easy to use . I know that a lot of people wish to use other ways of connecting their music. But I am a little like water and choose the path of least resistance when doing something and I find using the USB stick so so easy. I'm using a 16 gb very small stick really don't notice it tbh.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes - have to agree with Dr65 - I was using my phone, but now have a small USB after many suggestions on here, very unobtrusive, holds stacks of albums, and I keep it in the car.

·
Registered
924 Posts
One problem I have is that a lot of my music is on ITunes, and the DRM seems to get in the way, so that I get play-back error when I try to play Itune-purchased music on non-iTunes compatible systems.

You could say well don't buy from ITunes. That is all very well, but as I have a body of over 2000 ITunes purchased music. Started buy and playing it before the DRM system really kicked in. I used to make CDs of my ITUNE purchases and play them in my cars. Now I don't have a CD player, so have converted to using an absolutely miniature USB "blob" in the Captur. That blob holds about three thousand tracks.However, that still leaves the Itune DRM controlled music to play.

It anyone has any LEGAL suggestions on how I can play my Itune purchases I would be pleased, as I am about to purchase an IPOD Nano to use in my Captur.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Crossbow, I got this from the help section of iTunes. You may be able to download your music again without DRM. Then you should be able to create mp3 files for the captur. I've just purchased a 16GB mini usb stick for my music. Looks as if it is part of the Media Nav setup.

"All songs offered by the iTunes Store now come without DRM protection. These DRM-free songs, called iTunes Plus, have no usage restrictions and feature high-quality 256 kbps AAC encoding.

If you have older iTunes Store purchases that are now available as iTunes Plus downloads, you may upgrade your existing purchases. To do so, visit the iTunes Store and follow the onscreen instructions."

·
Registered
924 Posts
Thanks MaxxDKM I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I hadn't thought about this, and as an iPhone user will be looking to hook my phone up the same way. All my music is controlled through this, and I have a huge library of purchased music I would be looking to utilize.

allhomeimprovement- what model of iphone/ipod are you using- do you know what software version you are working with? And how are you connecting to the car- via bluetooth, lightening cable or 30 pin cable?

·
Registered
924 Posts
MaxxDKM - you were spot-on with your advice, I can download music files in the high quality format, and then convert them to high quality MP3 format which plays in the car, complete with info and cover image. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts