Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodmorning all,Does anybody know if there is a maximum capacity for USB-sticks to be used. I tried a 1 GB with works fine. But when I tried a 64 GB stick it didn't work.
The message "USB connected" showed, but the icon stayed grey, so I couldn't select it.

Before I rush to the shop and buy a 16 or 32 GB stick, I hope one of you can help out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
32GB is OK, but if you have R-Link and the stick is anywhere near full, it will take ages for R-Link to scan it and update its tag database when it's inserted for the first time.

Tony

·
Registered
924 Posts
A 16 or 32 GB Cruzer memory chip works well. It is unobtrusive andgives you hours of music.
There is a photo on page two of the link below by Niche.

http://www.capturownersclub.co.uk/forum/newbie_topic860_page2.html

It shows how unobtrusive it is. This is important on RHD cars as there could be an issue with longer memory sticks being knocked when operating the steering column stalks.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responses. I am now a bit experimenting with different USB's. 64 Gb is clearly too much. I have to buy a 32 Gb, but for now I'll do with a 16Gb.

So thanks again, in the end it will work out as I want it to :)

BTW: any tips about best folder structure?

·
Registered
924 Posts
If you wish to have totally random (shuffle) across all you music, you have to put everything in a single folder. Medianav only shuffles on a per folder basis. If you are happy shuffling on album only, then the usual one folder per album will work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's possible to have a complete random (shuffle) play using multiple folders. You need to generate a playlist with Windows Media Player or any other software that generates playlists with the extension *.wpl
When you select the playlist it is possible to play the musics randomly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts