Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Note: Ordered Early 2014.

Driving it round France, Belgium, Holland and Germany in a week, cant wait.

Found a little usb and packed it full of tunage although I tend to stream music via mobile.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick results:

2 niggles :

when the radio is on how do I turn it off but keep the sat nav going ?

also the headrest seems to push my head forward could do with tilting it back 1/2 inch.

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
chll said:
when the radio is on how do I turn it off but keep the sat nav going ?
You don't turn it off, you just turn the volume right down low

·
Registered
863 Posts
try tilting your seat back a little bit might help.???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks but this also silenced the sat nav at the same time?I think its just getting used to a new seat and driving position. :)

Also Id like to purchase Euro maps? is this via a website?

Edited by: chll

·
Registered
62 Posts
Woohooo ure so lucky ˜� ive ordered the all black and thought about tints but decided against em as my daughters dad has them in his car and i dont think she particularly likes them and as she will be sitting in the back, i thought i better not but i think it finishes the black off perfectly.

CaN u really not switch the raDio off??

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Just use a usb with media (mp3 files) on and pause it. It stays paused and therefore you get no sound against the satnav voice! Simple

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use the stalk to mute the radio. This leaves the satnav on and silences the radio

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep - Figured the mute radio bit as well as increasing sat nav volume.

BUT!

I've joined the 29.9 mpg bug club!

I'll wait till somone posts news about a fix on here then take mine in for the fix.

- Im a sucker for a black car and it was only a few quid extra to get the tint although I do like the black chrome wheels on the next model up.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I love my black ones so easy to clean.dont see that horrible carbon dust of the front brake discs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok so i figured the mute on the wheel stick function and the skip track roller thing behind it! radio figured.

Hopefully sorted the headrest by tweaking the chair alot.

Pulled out the boot shelf to get max use of the space.

The speed limiter is probably only useful through those 50 mph yellow roadworks cameras.

I tweaked the renault safety bag thing that came with the car, basically a long first aid kit with a warning triangle, threw in yellow vests, spare bulb kit , alloy nuts etc ready for Euro driving.

nice to get a bottle of oil even though my car comes with maintenance.

Currently converting all my itunes m4a music into capture mp3 format for my usb music. takes ages!

Week today off to Europe for a weeks driving holiday to give the car a proper go.

did find one tiny niggle on the passenger door inside the seal doesnt seem 100% tight on the arm rest as it was slightly wet from rain water. A little press and a poke seems to sort it out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
You can change sound levels for each of the parts. I've never actually turned the radio completely off, but there is an option to do that while keeping navigation on. You can also set it to increase in volume as you drive faster, so you can still hear it. Now that is clever!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Taken in Antwerp. No problems driving in europe apart from the sat nav stating speedcamera speeds in mph not kmph but when in uk it does the opposite.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts