Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here it is immediately prior to being driven out of the showroom by a very nervous wife. Delivered to schedule with all the bits added. Unsurprisingly 19mpg on the 10 mile drive home through rush hour traffic, can only get better as the miles are added.

Will need to go back in due course to get a mark removed from the rear bumper and yet another dealer fails the "tyre pressure" test. It is standard practice to over inflate the tyres on new cars prior to shipping from the factory. Unfortunately experience has shown over the years that many dealerships fail to then deflate the tyres to the correct pressure upon collection. Having bounced our way home over numerous speed humps a quick check showed all 4 tyres to be over inflated by 5psi against the recommended pressures on the door. Tomorrow's journey should be a little smoother

Early impressions are very good. Need to get the software updated

Additional images belowEdited by: Perusal

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Persual

Thought I would message you as I recognised the dealership ( I think ) - that's exactly where mine was parked when I picked her up - that's Fish Brothers am I right ??

I am not far from Jct 16 M4

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nick The Skip said:
Hi Persual

Thought I would message you as I recognised the dealership ( I think ) - that's exactly where mine was parked when I picked her up - that's Fish Brothers am I right ??

I am not far from Jct 16 M4 
You are absolutely correct in recognising the dealership, Nick. Nice touch picking it up from inside the showroom and with a message welcoming my wife and congratulating her on her choice.

We are about 4 miles west of RWB in what is allegedly England's longest village

·
Registered
100 Posts
You are both near me then as I live in RWB. Not the longest village though Perusal as that is Brinkworth

Will have to keep an eye out for each other!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Georgiegirl said:
You are both near me then as I live in RWB. Not the longest village though Perusal as that is Brinkworth

Will have to keep an eye out for each other!
......which, if you read my post again, is 4 miles west of RWB

You are most likely to see my wife driving it since it's her car but do say "hello" if you see her.

We do see a Tahoe blue one pass the house occasionally heading for Malmesbury

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
I used to work in Swindon by jct16 - before Fish Brothers existed there.

But RV is a plate local to me - most carsregistered around Farnborough (Hants) are RV's, including my younger daughter's Fiesta

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's bizarre really, depending upon which dealer you buy from in Swindon you will get either a W* or R* plate! I guess we are right on the border. In this instance it was either RW or RV.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts