Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you may know the tax disc for new cars is sent to the buyers address, rather than the dealer now.

I didn't know this and my dealer didn't tell me until collection on 10th Oct. They gave me a letter that allows a 14-day waiver period from the date of registration. Unfortunately the dealer registered the car back on 27th Sept, two weeks before collection! Probably to get the car into their half-yearly figures.

Anyway I havn't got my tax disc and have no exemption period, so can't drive the car. I feel the dealer is at fault for registering the car so early and not telling me anything about this.

So there you go, just keep on top of the car tax situation. Really, it should go ike clockwork.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good point well presented mikeyw85. Fortunately my dealer on registered the car the day before I collected it so I had plenty of time. The DVLA were quite quick in issuing the tax disc as it came 5 days later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Mikey
It's a bit sneaky of your dealer to register your car without telling you! But that's by-the-by

I'm surprised you haven't got your tax disc yet, you can go to your nearest main post office and they can issue a replacement, should get you on the road ASAP.

·
Registered
824 Posts
May have been too early Cj I think it started in September......you could always ask!! Having said that if you still dont have your car..........just be cheeky and ask why can you not have either!!
No pain no gain!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Amazon offer ran over the weekend of 13th-16th Sept and iPad offer was the following weekend.
It was for cars ordered those weekends and registered in September so quite strict rules!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks.

Yes the dealer is a sneaky one. They also forgot to have my car fitted with the protection pack and style pack, but decided not to tell me, just ask for less deposit instead!

My advice would be to not use Evans Halshaw.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also, if your dealer registered the car two weeks early you have lost out on the warranty period and AA cover! It may not matter in four years time but you never know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Mikey
Just posted this reply on another thread about car tax :)

Yes your car tax is delivered by post under the new system. Careful what you do with it though, I had to request a replacement for mine after putting it in my shirt pocket, leaving the shirt on a chair in the kitchen and next morning, asking where it went, my wife had washed it, together with two lucky dips for the Euromillions lottery, a receipt for diesel and a Costa Coffee receipt, both of which I need for expenses claim :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JohnChambers said:
Also, if your dealer registered the car two weeks early you have lost out on the warranty period and AA cover! It may not matter in four years time but you never know.
Yeah, and the tax disk expires end of August, so over a month of car tax go astray. Good job it's cheap to tax!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts