Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time Renault purchase and first ever diesel
I picked up my Captur Media Nav dci 90 (Tahoe Blue) just over a week ago and I'm absolutely loving it!!!
There's just a couple of things I'd like some advice about... Apologies if they've already been covered on other threads.
What is the difference between the RANGE and DISTANCE on the computer trip?? I assumed there were distance to empty but there about 100 miles difference between the two figures.
Also, in order to update the Media Nav, I was told I'd need a USB memory stick but is there a specific one I need or just a basic USB ?
Lastly, can anyone tell me roughly how many miles I should expect to get for a full tank. I appreciate this differs depending on journey type etc... But just a general idea
Loving the car on the whole, totally different from the ford KA I've been driving for the last 8yrs, feels like I'm driving a truck in comparison

·
Registered
338 Posts
Distance to empty is showing how many litres/gallons you still have in the tank. Range is how far you can still travel on the amount of fuel in the tank at the speed you may be driving at the time. Try and drive at different speeds and look at the range counter, it will change as your speed/usage changes. I drove on German motorway on "fumes" - range was showing that I only had enough fuel for 11 miles but service station was 13 miles. I dropped speed to 50 mph and it immediately showed me that I had enough to cover 14 miles. Before anyone says how could I allow myself to get into that situation - let me tell you, when you get rerouted away from motorways due to 28 miles!! traffic jam, all sorts of things can happen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks, that helps a lot. Doesn't take much to confuse me lol
I'm wondering how accurate the range is because I have a quarter of a tank but the range says approx 170 miles remaining until empty... For someone used to a petrol car, that seems extremely good which is why I'm a bit dubious about the accuracy

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi JoJo, I have covered over 4,000 miles now and each fill up costs me 57-58 quid, the worst I have seen is 437 miles and the best was 486 to the tank. The range is always at 0 and the light on. When the light comes on, the range reverts to 0 from around 80 miles and then I just revert to the fuel USED on the computer, when it reaches 9-9.5 gallons I fill up putting in around 42-43 litres. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts