Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, coming out of the woodwork after following the forums for the last few weeks.

We took the plunge and ordered a new Captur on 14th October after falling in love with a friends. We went for the Dynamique MediaNav Diesel in Boston Blue (my husbands fave of all the colours), with chrome trims, nothing fancy as we were on a strict budget.
The main reason for us choosing the Captur is economy, we currently have a Kia Sorento which gobbles diesel and the husband has a 50mile daily commute so we needed to lower the fuel bill.
I must say we have had a fab experience from our dealer so far (based in Wirral), we were told 10-14 days for delivery which after seeing the delays on here I thought was a little ambitious but we have had a text today from the dealer saying the car should be with them on Friday, ready for collection on Saturday, (they are including G3 for us, so that needs applying) fingers crossed :)
They have also arranged 7 day renault insurance which we didn't expect (we have no problems swapping our insurance over quickly) but they didn't want us to not be able to drive the car when ready.
They have thrown in G3, a space saving spare, tank of fuel and the delivery kit.
Just keeping everything crossed that the car arrives as expected and we have it by the weekend. The advice on this forum has been invaluable, thanks everyone, from one very excited soon to be Captur owner.
Edited by: Jorob48

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome jorob48, excellent service so far which is great to read, there are definitely some good dealers out there, especially with the extras they have thrown in for you. Would love to see some pictures when you pick it up.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome Jorob48!!
Now that's what I call good service and a bumper packge thrown in!! You're doing really well getting that deal.....and the biggest bonus....You'll be able to drive and enjoy it so soon!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome in the club. Good choice. I am sure you find this car very smart and comfortable. I love my one. I drive renault cars for 23 years. Never any serious problem. And in my case renault service is also OK. All the best.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcomes

Ythsie, I think we got such a good deal as my parents went to the same dealer on the same day (actually at the same time as us, totally coincidentally) and fell in love with the Captur too, so they got 2 cars out of one family. Unfortunately they won't get theirs until Feb/march as they want an automatic and it's delayed, but they are willing to wait as they love it

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just wait till your parents get it.....
....they will love it!! I'm a big guy but have back problems, so I wanted a car that wasn't too big for my partner to drive, but could be comfortable for both of us.... So we took the decision to get the automatic...

It's turned out to be a big hit, even though she had never driven an automatic before...and we're both delighted with it!
Silky smooth gear changes and quiet...ideal for us both, because we're entering our senior years and want to travel a bit more...touring

So apart from you, your parents have made a sound choice!! Tell them that's it's well worth waiting for!
!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just to remind you why i am in love
with it!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi Jorob48, welcome to the forum. You have done extremely well with both the deals and the delivery date. It's good seeing all that and a good dealer to boot. Hope all goes well Saturday, look forward to seeing some photos.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Welcome Jo.......it sounds like your dealer is looking after you......enjoy it all when collection day arrives!

·
Registered
588 Posts
welcome, and what a cracking deal you got Jo...was it on the condition you didnt tell your parents the details of the deal
lol

no need to add how happy you will be with it, i think the posts on here speak for themselves.

Good luck with the collection and i hope all goes well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone!

Well ours is ready to be picked up tomorrow, it arrived today and had the G3 applied this afternoon, I'm working until 1pm so straight to dealers from work. So very excited and 11 days from order to pick up is fantastic

Hope to have some pics up tomorrow for you all to see!

Ythsie, yours is gorgeous! I've passed the info on to my mum and dad, they were so pleased you're enjoying it
Edited by: Jorob48

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Jorob48, hope everything went to plan and you got your Captur!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Ythsie, everything went well yesterday, smooth handover, dealership have been really good, everything they promised was provided

I tried to post a picture yesterday but had some problems, will try again soon, but we love it

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome, I to having a bit of trouble uploading. But I'll figure it out. Don't think today will be the best day for a good run. With all this bad weather coming our way. Everyone take care.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Maybe the size of your file is too big when downloading...I had a problem at the beginning as well but reduced the file size of the photos and then had no problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts