Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last couple of days my capture has been constantly unlocking and locking tha car. I got in and out the card in it said battery low. Only changed it 6 months ago . So changed the battery and it still locks and unlocks. Only stops when I take the battery out. Any suggestion before I buy new card....I have no spare

·
Super Moderator
2,549 Posts
Start opening al the doors in turn when it's locking and unlocking.... hard to tell exactly what you mean is happening from what you have posted but many years ago, I had a Rover 820 with remote locking. On one occasion only, when I was either locking or unlocking the car, it went into this wild frenzy of the doors locking, unlocking, locking, unlocking etc. Pressing the buttons on the remote didn't stop it, but opening doors when they were unlocked suddenly interrupted the lock, unlock cycle. No idea what caused it, and as I said, it only ever did this once in about 7 years of ownership

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you tried reprogramming the key card by placing it in the card slot and starting the engine, run for a few minutes, switch of, remove from slot get out and walk away and if it locks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so the car has to be opened with the blade on the passenger side then I put the card into its slot and press the unlock button on the dash and everything opens. I get in can drive away no issue.

When I get out the only way it locks is if I walk away. Then to get back in I have to start again with the above.

Went to a lock smith who deals with cars and he tested the card and it's working fine.
It is also noted that the engine will not start if the card is not inserted which tells me it's the card not the car.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
You may have little chance but to obtain one from a online seller that can program one for you. It may be worth one last try with another battery

·
Super Moderator
2,549 Posts
If the card works OK In the slot, but won't let you unlock the car....... maybe the receiver module in the car is broken? Have you tried asking at a dealer about the possible causes of you problem, and seeing if a keycard reprogramme may help, or maybe it is something in the car itself that isn't working?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts