Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably sounds stupid but I’m not a vast experienced driver in my car yet. If I left my keycard inserted in the car and left the car unattended, would the car lock itself?it’s probably in my handbook I just thought I’d get a quicker response this way lol

·
Registered
2019 GT Line
70 Posts
Probably sounds stupid but I’m not a vast experienced driver in my car yet. If I left my keycard inserted in the car and left the car unattended, would the car lock itself?it’s probably in my handbook I just thought I’d get a quicker response this way lol
Hi
Should not really,i hardly use the key slot just keep it on me that way will lock car it self and open when you re-enter when press door button ,if you can get into habit of using it that way its entirely up to you what method you use.

·
Super Moderator
3,142 Posts
The car is not supposed to lock automatically if there is a keycard inside it, however ours has done this at least twice, on one occasion setting the alarm off and almost permanently deafening my wife, who was not amused

Reactions: Dannyboy and ggboy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car is not supposed to lock automatically if there is a keycard inside it, however ours has done this at least twice, on one occasion setting the alarm off and almost permanently deafening my wife, who was not amused
sounds frustrating.I have two keys and think I should always keep both on me in case this sort of thing happens

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Should not really,i hardly use the key slot just keep it on me that way will lock car it self and open when you re-enter when press door button ,if you can get into habit of using it that way its entirely up to you what method you use.
that does sound like a useful routine. I always thought you needed the keycard inserted when driving but apparently not

·
Super Moderator
3,142 Posts
^
No, the keycard does not need to be in the slot to start/stop the engine. So long as it is inside the car's cabin somewhere, eg in your pocket, bag or whatever, you should still be able to start and stop the engine using the pushbutton

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
279 Posts
Mine won't lock with the key in the car. I once failed to be able to lock it due to my wife's card being in the car in her handbag.

·
Super Moderator
3,142 Posts
Carry the card on your person, not in a bag. That way you should not be able to lock yourself out

Reactions: ggboy

·
Super Moderator
3,142 Posts
If the keycard is in the car, then the car should not self-lock. However some of us have experienced "the impossible" and have had the car lock with a keycard inside

·
Registered
61 Posts
No it would bleep as soon as you open drivers door and a message comes up
on the dash saying please remove keycard, so you don’t leave it behind, I’ve accidentally left mine in slot couple times 2018 gtline captur and it has done this, maybe this feature is an update but it’s not a bleep you wouldn’t hear its loud enough to get your attention and also the message on dash

1 - 13 of 13 Posts