Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I love my Captur, the keyless entry seems to be keyless exit only is this correct? When I picked it up yeaterday and tried to get in the salesman said 'oh yes I forgot they had taken that feature off' this doesn't seem correct looking at the web, can anyone help before I ring dealership.... Feeling confused

·
Registered
28 Posts
When you approach the car and push the button on the driver's door handle it should open I believe. It won't open if you have opened or closed the car with buttons on the renault card - you then have to start and stop the engine to make the keyless entry work again. And of course you shouldn't have to slide the card into the reader to start the engine too.
It is truly a shame that they have decided not to mount the sensors in door handles like in the Megane - you wouldn't have to push the button then, it would be enough to put your hand on the handle for the car to open.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
adrianmik is bang on correct as I found out trying to push button after using fob to lock if you more than say 5 foot away it locks automatic.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
More info online and in handbook. The copy on the forum is ok but is American and slightly different (not metioning tpms for the uk).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts