Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All from Scotland,
Beware... Ain't that keyless entry good.!!

Typical 3 bed detached house with integral garage, car locked upand key fob on mantelpiece in lounge.
Straight line (throughtwo walls) 15 feetto garage and guess what,use wee black button on car handle and locks open, press stop/start and engine starts !!! (real security).

How far must key fob be from car to be inoperative ?

food for thought, Great car though.

Regards
Barry

·
Registered
924 Posts
Oh yes! I thought of that too. You have to "double lock it" if you want your Captur to be there in the morning.

·
Registered
23 Posts
did you ever watch the episode of topgear, when jeremy got it the hamsters car and drove it 20 feet down the road and left it, cause it was keyless entry for a laugh. they can only get so far and the cuts out dead.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
C'mon Barry ...they never nick stuff in Perthshire...unless you'te Glaswegian!!

Too good an area!! But they won't get far if the keycard stays on the mantelpiece as it will cut out!!
You not got a lock on the garage door?

·
Registered
924 Posts
If you double lock your Captur using the key fob instead of just walking away you can't get in even if you press the button on the door handle and have the key on you. You have to use the key fob buttons to open it. So your car will be perfectly safe if you lock it using the key fob after you park it in the garage, even if your keys are the other side of the wall.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Oooh Tyrfelin, you're incorrigable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Crossbow,
That's the answer I needed.
Not too good with handbooks me, just get in and drive.
Good Forum.

Barry

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tyrfelin, Nice to meet you, I think you have gone over the top with 4 wheel clamps when you know 1 will do, If I can find a big enough Keyring !!!
Barry Cheers

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just my wicked sense of Edinburgh humour...Barry

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wouldn't like to experiment with this theory in Liverpool
(no I don't live there)
A friend of mine took his father to the maritime museum at the docks and returned to find his car on bricks and his very expensive alloy wheels with locking wheel nut's gone
BMW not one of us !

·
Registered
824 Posts
BigAl said:
Wouldn't like to experiment with this theory in Liverpool
Unfortunately car damage can happen anywhere,I have parked my cars many times in Liverpool on a night and in some very precarious places too (without choice) and never had a problem,then also parked in some well respected places and had damage done and break ins.........

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yes, you're right! No rhyme or reason behind it.... Just bad luck if it happens!! It can be any manner of things cause it....Drunkenness, jealousy, envy...sheer evil...theft..vandalism...We unfortunately live in a screwed up world, where a MINORITY spoil it for the majority..

I was brought up poor by emigrant parents who had nothing after the war, and was taught to look after things and appreciate the hard work required to have nice things...in particular, to be able to admire and aporeciate other peoples' good fortune!
So, my comments are lighthearted banter about people...not to be taken seriously by anyone...a bit like 'BOSTON BLUE' which got me into bother earlier on in the forum!!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
824 Posts
The written word can do strange things.......good sentiments Ythsie...... point well put,this is a light hearted place to be!!
Im sure no one would post on here to deliberately upset or annoy anyone we all have a common interest!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts