Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Is there a way, so that LED day lights work in all modes (auto, postion, lights)?

I have seen some cars, which have LED day light turned on all of the time...

Tnx

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Loop12...don't understand.. do you want LED lights switched off? I know they're not compulsory in the UK but they use so little power, you're safer with them on all the time!!
On mainland Europe, most countries insist on front lights..LED or otherwise on..
Maybe the UK version isn't fitted with permanent daytime running lights??

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have thought this too Loop!! There must be a reason why Renault have the daytime lights off when headlights are on.......correct Ythsie the UK version has them go off when using headlights......I too wish that they would stay on!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know for UK, but I'm from Croatia, and my Captur automaticly switch off LED day lights when headlights work.

I want to LED day lights work all the time.

Also, is there a way to turn off function with fog lights - when I turn left or right, fog light are follow that direction. If you ask me, it looks stupid.

Maybe, in service they can switch this functions...

BR

·
Registered
338 Posts
loop12 said:
I don't know for UK, but I'm from Croatia, and my Captur automaticly switch off LED day lights when headlights work.

I want to LED day lights work all the time.

Also, is there a way to turn off function with fog lights - when I turn left or right, fog light are follow that direction. If you ask me, it looks stupid.

Maybe, in service they can switch this functions...

BR
As you know in Croatia day lights are compulsory at certain times of the year. To have all the lights on may give confusing visual message to oncoming drivers.
And what is stupid about seeing your turn manoeuvre better?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You misunderstood me...my LEDs go OFF when mt headlights go on! There is no need for them at night and they go OFF when it becomes dark and the main, dipped beam comes on.
It's a bit like the situation with extra lights on the front of the car, you weren't allowed to run an extra set of spots with dipped beam in years gone by in the UK.
I think it would be unwise to have LEDs on at night as they give off a different piercing light...as for the fogs going on at low speeds in corners, I think that's great!! It doesn't bother me what friends think...it's a common feature in more expensive cars!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
338 Posts
loop12 said:
Most of my friends are telling me that my fog light is burned...
Ah, Croatia strikes again - we buy cars to show off to our friends, not what we enjoy or what makes sense....I will not change the tone of this forum by commenting further, just point out that to date you are the first person to have a car for the benefit of friends, all the other owners here have got it because they wanted it for themselves and their familiesEdited by: Vbl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts