Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what the lever in the passenger footwell (just in front of the door, by the floor) is for? I have tried looking in the manual but I haven't reached a conclusion.

·
Registered
924 Posts
It is the bonnet catch.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Try pulling it and see what happens. If I am wrong, and it is the ejector seat, you'll soon know.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My son tried pulling it and he is now banished to the back seat, at least until I find out what it does. If it had been an ejector button he might have learnt his lesson

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks all. I will go and check the bonnet. I have been used to the bonnet catches being under the steering wheel so didn't even consider it to be that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, unsuprisingly the bonnet was uncatched. Problem solved.
Child is still banished to the back seat with the child locks on for the foreseeable future!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Where is the button for the ejector seat then?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sotty,You said that bonnet release catches are under the steering wheel. Being TOTALLY designed for left hand drive, the lever is in exactly the position you thought of. However, as there is no compromise on right hand drive, the bonnet catch doesn't move, and we also loose the large pull-out drawer that LHD Capturs have.

Half of our glove box is taken up with a fuse compartmentand the like.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I knew Vegas. An ejector seat mechanism would be useful for children who feel the need to try out any lever within reach. Maybe renault could consider an ejector seat when they discuss upgrades for the captur.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Crossbow - are all renaults in right hand drive made like this? I had a Clio way way back at the beginning of the century but can't remember anything about the bonnet release catch. I just remember it being broken into a million times due to the easy to flip out locks that they had back then

I had had foreign make cars since then but they have all had the bonnet release catch on the drivers side, usually attached to the steering column or beneath it.
I did look in the manual and thought that the lever looked like the bonnet release catch, but dismissed it because I couldn't imagine it being in such a place. I should have just gone and looked at the bonnet and would have realised it was uncatched

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ahhhhh us Brits, always being different!! How much simpler life would be if 'we went with the flow'....BUT stiff upper lip and all that...bonnet releases on a differwnt side...no drawer pull out...waiting times in months...Who do we blame? The French and RENAULT!!! Hahaha...well you do like a specific type of British humour!!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sotty,The bonnet catches in the Renaults I have had, have had EXACTLY the same shape and position. I drive a Peugeot andMercedes minibuses. The bonnet catches are in similar positions (on the passenger side).

regards

·
Registered
924 Posts
Ythsie,Can you imagine the chaos the would ensure if we (the Brits) adopted LHD. It would be like the metric adoption debacle. We would still go around roundabouts in a clockwise direction, and have to reverse off the exit ramps on motorways.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ah, but at least you couldn't cause pandemonium when you're on the European mainland!
Whose fault would all of that be? The Swedes got their act together!!
RHD...pounds....gallons...stones...lbs..onz...and so it goes on...GREAT BRITAIN needs to take a look at itself and see itself more of an island and no longer a colonial power!!
The main thing going for it is the language...but then the Spanish would argue that...and the French are just the French!! LOL!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I've never driven on the European mainland. I couldn't cope with going the wrong way round roundabouts.
Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
180 Posts
I thought that was the oil slick activate button .. need to read my manual

1 - 20 of 21 Posts