Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thurs 6th of march 9pm bbc 1 scotland
scotlands kamikaze road, dont drive it too often but get
white knuckles everytime i do, and thats just at the other drivers !!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
That A9 is a disgrace; it should have been built as dual carriageway from day 1; I'vedriven most of its length from Perth to Inverness a couple of times, and once from Wick to Inverness.

Sometimes it takes an age just to get round Perth

·
Registered
924 Posts
East Anglia has two death trap roads; the A47 and the A140. The A140 is almost all single carriage-way, apart from two short stretches of dual carriage-way. The highways People impose a fifty mph limit to most of the length in order to keep the collisions to a minimum. The A47 between Acle and Great Yarmouth is particularly dangerous. The A47 in Norfolk has suffered from 64 deaths since 2005. Very, very sad as this road is part of a holiday route.Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Never been an independance man....but grown to think more carefully about it! Scottish roads are a disgrace!! That's just one hideous example...what about the A1 link with England? ....a joke!!
I have better roads here in Poland....and they are beimg built!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I read this week that 12 Billion pounds is needed to fix the 2 million potholes on Britain's road. There is now a backlog of 12 years. So it will be a long time, if ever, whenall the potholes will be filled. Then there is money needed to rebuild roads that are coming to the end of their designed lifespan. Plus new road to build. Looks like road building is a good industry to be in. One would never be out of work. To add local colour; just like Forth Rail Bridge painters.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
They have 'seemingly' sorted the ever painting of the rail bridge!! New paint or a lack of funds!!!?...lol!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ythsie said:
They have 'seemingly' sorted the ever painting of the rail bridge!! New paint or a lack of funds!!!?...lol!
Full bridge was blasted back to bare metal all metal has been coated with the new coating which is expected to last 20/30 years
Got a tour of the bridge a few years ago when i got sent there to present an abrasive wheels course
Close up the bridge is even more
amazing given the time it was built and the equipment they had then

1 - 9 of 9 Posts