Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can purchase a new locking nut key. It was in my car before a service at renault. Gone to purchase 2 new tyres today no locking key nut to be found. Any help will be much apprciated

·
Registered
863 Posts
i would first go back and have a word with those that serviced it first.it could be they did not put it back in your car.

Reactions: ggboy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had a word with them today it was serviced in May. I can't see it still being there. It's not something you look in your car until you need them. I was told today they don't need to take your wheels off to service your car. So I'm now worried my brakes haven't been looked at

·
Registered
360 Posts
I lost my key to my Nissan Note and got a new one from my dealer next day delivery. I think about £15. It was a while ago.
They did need the vehicle details.

·
Registered
724 Posts
A dealer should be able to order replacements from just the reg number or VIN of the car. We are fortunate that our captures are relatively new, once a car has been passed around, the likelihood is that the locking wheel nuts have been changed at some point.

·
Registered
741 Posts
You will have to order it through a dealer using the key number that is in the back of your handbook, unfortunately dealers tend not to keep records of the key number on their system and the key number isn't linked to your chassis number so if you haven't got it then you will likely be in a spot of bother.Edited by: HTP99

·
Registered
724 Posts
HTP99 said:
You will have to order it through a dealer using the key number that is in the back of your handbook, unfortunately dealers tend not to keep records of the key number on their system and the key number isn't linked to your chassis number so if you haven't got it then you will likely be in a spot of bother.
That seems to be a step backwards. I got a wheel locking nut from Vauxhall with my VIN. Fat lot of good it did me, someone had changed them.

Mind you, vauxhalls nut and spare bolts came in a purpose built plastic case. We got a plastic bag with a bit of tape round it from Renault.Edited by: STEVEA

·
Registered
67 Posts
See if your dealers service department has a master set that they can check your key no with.
My son had this problem with his BMW when a well known "super fast" tyre company forget to give him his back..

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ian said:
See if your dealers service department has a master set that they can check your key no with.
My son had this problem with his BMW when a well known "super fast" tyre company forget to give him his back..
There is no master set, locking wheel nut keys on Renaults are as individual as your house or car key.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone know where I can purchase a new locking nut key. It was in my car before a service at renault. Gone to purchase 2 new tyres today no locking key nut to be found. Any help will be much apprciated
Most dealers carry spare locking keys and once found for your car can order a replacement you can send them a picture of the nut and usually can work out what key you need Regards

·
Registered
744 Posts
My locking wheel nut key went missing,couldn't find it anywhere in the car when I took it in for a service at 32,000 miles. Me and service desk bloke emptied the car and it wasn't there. Dealers parts department ordered me another one no problem and it arrived a few days later. Went to put it in with the spare wheel and puncture repair kit and there was the the original one sitting in easy view for all to see. No idea where it was when we looked.
So I now have two lwk's,that I don't use,having removed said locking wheel nuts due to "slippage" issues when trying to undo them after they have been tightened with an air wrench after tyre fitting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts