Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of questions ,

Driving over 300 miles tomorrow , meant to be a warm one would driving with Eco on and have climate control ok auto be cool enough ( thought I've read somewhere Eco turns ac off )

Secondly what are the pros and cons of driving with Eco on ,

And will there mpg be much difference.

Thanks people !! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Auto climate still works with eco selected, however quite areduced effect, ok for normal uk temps, but extra hot days will require eco off for full cooling power.As for performance of the engine, there is quite a difference between the 2 settings when moving off and getting to 70 mph, but once there eco mode is fine, That's my take on it with my petrol engine. Derv could be different.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the 1.5dci and with Eco on in 30 degrees yesterday I was absolutely fine.
You don't need to turn Eco off at all for it to keep you cool.

Also my mpg is rising by the day :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ric....we have the 1.5dci, one week old today....On Wednesday we drove 148 miles across country and the temp was 22 . I had ECO on the whole way, and the air con on .....We have a dog who hates the heat and she was kept nice and cool the whole way....Plus we got 57 MPG....Not at all bad for a new car.

·
Registered
921 Posts
the nice thing with the Captur is there is a heating vent that covers the back foot wellsHot air or cool
It's nice to know rear seat passengers are comfortable

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update on my long journey if anyone cares too read ha ha.
330 mile up to Berwick , captur drove like a dream , most of the way had Eco on , cold air from blowers were fine ,

Overtaking or pulling on to new motor way was not so fun , half the time I switch the Eco off to do this.

330 miles and mpg average was 68 , although had about a hour doing 40 mph ,

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha ha boxer hate to see the mpg , car is about 4 months old but done about 3000 miles so quiet impressive

·
Registered
15 Posts
About 35 mpg in that sort of running thank you. Perfectly acceptable, quiet and comfortable and not a single rattle, paint blemish or broken electrical bits.

Fantastic car, only people who've never tried one seem to dislike them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is much more to life than getting obsessive out a car doing 57.324567 mpg, like enjoying what you drive.

Our Captur has one job, a cheap estate for when we need to move stuff.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Renault Captive said:
There is much more to life than getting obsessive out a car doing 57.324567 mpg, like enjoying what you drive.

Our Captur has one job, a cheap estate for when we need to move stuff.
A cheap estate..!
..it's not even an estate....and as said, there are much cheaper cars with much bigger boots...!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Renault Captive said:
About 35 mpg in that sort of running thank you. Perfectly acceptable, quiet and comfortable and not a single rattle, paint blemish or broken electrical bits.

Fantastic car, only people who've never tried one seem to dislike them.

Well said

1 - 16 of 16 Posts