Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this today..... masking the 'Captur' was tortuously difficult, time-consuming and boring..... but I'm happy with the finished result.... a few more changes in the coming weeks, just to make it a wee bit different from the thousands of others out there.... smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.... wish I could see how to edit my post to fix the spelling, but you know what I mean, I'm sure....

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
Fancy doing mine ?? It's one of the few things I would like to change. I did scout around on a few scrapyard sites a while back to see if I could find a black trim with chrome lettering but failed as most places sell the tailgate complete.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you prime the chrome with prior to spraying, and what did you spray, undercoat then matt black or an "all-in-1" finish?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If you don't mind me asking, what did you prime the chrome with prior to spraying, and what did you spray, undercoat then matt black or an "all-in-1" finish?
I don't think I'd tackle it again TBH..... an hour in and I was cursing myself for starting it!

I used Hycote products; you can get them from The Range, although I had to get the adhesion promoter from eBay. 2 x coats of Adhesion Promoter, then 2 x Coats of grey primer, then 3 X coats of Hycote satin black. There's also a colour called Bumper Black which is more of a Matt finish..... I also gave the main areas a slight key first using some wet and dry sandpaper, as I was dubious of even the adhesion promoter sticking to the super-slippery surface.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...and wire brush and gloss enamel black the horrible rusty wheel bolts for new alloys going on next week....

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, now you’re just showing off ??
Blame my Renault dealer, who made such a derisory, insulting offer on it when I was interested in a Kadjar, that I decided to keep it until it dies!

I made sure they fixed the AC before the warranty ran out as well..... engine out job, so glad I wasn't paying for that one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts