Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!!

I a Captur owner since last Friday and very happy with it except for its sound, which for my ears is horrible.

I have the normal Radio-CD and not the media-nav one.
Things get worse when I raise the volume from 22 and up...

Is there any chance that I would have a better sound by changing the loudspeakers or the bottleneck is the radio-cd?

Many thanks

Daniel

·
Registered
405 Posts
Probably a combination of the two.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I know the R-link system comes with a different set of speakers (including tweeters), than available with medianav and the CD/radio combo.
I understand from those with R-link that the sound is superior to the standard. Maybe the R-link people can enlighten you on what type of speaker system is used.

I know the medianav system is classed as an "entry level" infotainment system. But the sound out of that system is "acceptable". Though I don't think any claims were made by Renault that the standard system was anything out of the ordinary.

You might be better considering replacing the unit. There is a thread on here that shows the replacement of a CD/radio for another system. Have a browse.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Radio-CD unit is the problem.

I havereplaced it with a 2-DIN Macrom DVD5562R unit with 4x45W output and the quality of sound hasimproved by 200%. (http://www.capturownersclub.co.uk/forum/removing-renault-radiocd_topic1174.html)

Also, just for your info, the mostannoying thing is that to change the speakers you need to remove the whole plastic interior cover of the door.
Edited by: Capturion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts