Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Nice one Norfolkgirl. I am your club.
I miss the under-floor cubby holes in the driver and passenger foot-wells.

But LOVE the huge under-floor storage area in the boot of my Captur. All the paraphernalia that used to rattle around in the boot and get in the way when filling the boot up with shopping, luggage or other stuff needed on the journey, can now be hidden away under the boot flooring. It will probably stay there, untouched. But who knows I might need it, one day.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My son likes the elastics on the back of the seats, he plays a mean tune!

I miss the Megane's rear armrest that used to put a barrier between both my kids...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Love the zip off seat covers. Love the quieter dci engine on the Captur. Miss the road fund (cheap on the Megane but zero on the Captur). Ha ha!!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
So Glad I read this thread......I checked out the Handbook....Good Job...I found that the rear window lock is just that,and the child door locks are manual just a movement of a lever job done...I checked the electric windows...they must have not been opened since being built...and in the manual the only one touch is the drivers...
Now I have looked at the manual in detail ,the more I like the Captur,...and defo quieter diesel engine..
As regards the Megane 2008 I had...the passenger front window often did not work due to a problem in the connection to the motor and the floor storage was absolutely wet through and filled with water...til I cleared the scuttle drain(1st thing I checked with the Captur)...My theory about everything switching off on the Megane is because of the Alarm

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm with you on this one, missing my Scenic too
loads of space & features to impress, had them for 11 yrs the Dynamique 1.5 dci did 58 mpg. Whilst my average for the Captur at this moment in time is only 53 mpg. That's whilst I'm running it in. Same engine! Hopefully get use to the difference. I do like this car. But feel it could have had more.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Lots of things that I miss about my 2010 Megan 1.5 diesel Privilege, but would not go back to it after owning the Captur.
I do miss the double sun roof, the heated leather seats, guide me home lights, and the fact that you could drive in 4th gear at 25mph without straining the engine. Also, 5th gear could be driven comfortably at 37mph.
The modern design of the Captur is far more alluring and the MPG from the diesel feels like it is fueled on fresh air.
I have the odd little grumble, like the Noddy horn and the fact that you have to use the lower gears a lot more, but I would not change it.

Edited by: awq

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes the having to use the lower gears took me a while to get used to also, especially as I have a 30mph speed camera near me and I have to drop down to third now as it strains in fourth.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes I agree..having to change down all the time takes getting used to..which I have done now..its just the vagaries of a 3 cylinder engine I suppose.
meterman_56

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In those first few days of having my Captur I shudder to think what I must have looked like while getting used to those gears

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm glad that others have found that you have to use the lower gears much more. Keep seeing that dam symbol on the dash telling me to change down a gear. Thought about doing a post about it, but now I know. So it's probably the 3 cylinder engine????
Without wanting to moan too much, it's the thing that I dislike about the car most. Find constant changing of gears a bit tiring. A lot of journeys around built up areas are spent in 3rd gear as the diesel cannot seem to take 30mph in 4th. Dare say I will eventually get used to it, but I find it a pain in the neck to be honest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts