Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting between 38 and 40 miles per gallon from my captur 0.9Tce 90. I had it booked into garage today to get this checked out and also a noise coming from drivers window as if window not closed properly. Just picked it up from dealership. Was told they could hear the noise also when they drove my car. They took another captur out and it had the same 'problem' they have concluded that 'buffering around the wing mirrors is normal in a captur'
Regarding mileage, they said it is low but 'it's a new engine'
Has anyone else experienced this buffering or low mileage? The alleged excellent mileage was one of the reasons I bought this car.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Like Mikey said 40mpg is really good as a starting point,it will improve over time though but its definitely on the higher side judging by other peoples mileage. Regarding the wind noise if you check ebay they sell wind deflector strips that are supposed to reduce the wind buffeting effect. They also stop rain getting in the car if the windows open slightly.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=190939601906Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have ( not me, the Captur, my mileage is fair bit more) just under 2000 miles on the clock and during the last two weeks all I did is lots of short trips - well under 15 miles each - and my average is 56 mpg. Previous journeys included about half and half long/short and I was getting 69 mpg
As for the noise...I personally would not be happy with it, I can't stand any squeaks, banging, thumping, especially when I forked out thousands for it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the kind of mileage I was expecting, don't know why I'm not as I drive carefully, other forum users think 40mpg is good? I'm sure this buffering noise is not normal, I'd live to hear if any other captur uses are experiencing the same.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Make sure we aren't confusing Diesel figures with the 900cc petrol here!
Mine is a 0.9Tce I have done 650 miles since I picked it up nearly all has been town driving and it has returned average of 42.6 mpg.Margaret I would think that your figures will go up as the engine gets used a bit,as for buffering I dont seem to have a problem but the Captur is to me quieter around the window area than my old car was!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Deflector strips appear to be a good option...but in essence they aren't!
The problem is that they cause the rubber seals to weaken on the windows and make the electric window mechanisms to be prone to fail.
I've had them on a number of cars and took them off...I'm a smoker and it meant you could flick the ash out of the window and prevented the rain coming in ...
They are NOT a solution I would consider!!
You need to find out what is causing the problem. ..It is most certainly a fault!!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The consumption figures I am reading about are getting mixed up between the petrol and diesel versions. .. I would say that between 40 - 50 would be reasonable on a 0.9 realistically..much better results on the diesel ..and between 36-45 on a 120 auto..
What manufacturers claim...is often well off the mark!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Lol yeah I could see the *** ash being a problem.I've had the guards before and never come across any problems,did make a difference to the wind noise. But to be honest never had them long enough to see the wear.Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
175 Posts
On the run I did yesterday I found the drive pleasent and quiet. Noise changed with the different road surface. New Tarmac on the motorways no noise, the older Tarmac gave a whining sound. Could be off the different treads in tyres we have.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Not noticed the noise myself, now you mention it I bet I start hearing it. Mileage, driving nearly text book 44mpg, normal way I drive think it was about 36mpg, I've got a 90tce.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Had mine for about a month now, but due to various commitments we have only travelled about 300 miles so far. 1st trip today on a motorway, round trip of about 140 miles, with some urban, and sitting in queues. Have to say it was a complete pleasure to drive, no wind noise you mention above, tyre noise minimal, lovely to try out all the things I hadn't eg Cruise etc, and excellent all round. Averaged 48.2 mpg ( according to screen ) so hoping this will be more once engine loosens up, not bad for a 0.9 TCe, with 2 adults in the front, 2 teenagers and a child in the back !! Will post this also in the fuel Consumption thread.

Captur 0.9 Tce, Media Nav, in Diamond black, with black Explore Wheels, and removable Spacesaver, ie after fit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts