Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone picked up on the band M83 yet......I had never heard of them until hearing their track Midnight City being used on the UK Renault Captur TV advert.......I really enjoyed the Tom Cruise film Oblivion too.....with you guessed it the soundtrack by M83....really impressed with the band!

Anyone else?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow.....never seen that before.....and Im an old fart as well!!
It made whats left of my hair stand on end as Stairway To Heaven is one of my favourite songs....brilll...thanks for that Ythsie!!
I enjoy Hearts music as well.......that was special!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Ythsie.....Paul Mc Cartney makes me cringe nearly as much a Cliff Richard does
granted hes a gifted songwriter and performer but hes just not for me.........neither is Cliff Richard.........now if they were both Renault Captur owners that would throw a whole new light on it....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I went to a M83 concert last year in Copenhagen. They are really great and I can only recommend everyone to go hear them if U have the chance. So much energy. A French band by the way, but U properly already guessed that

·
Registered
921 Posts
TC Eddy said:
Sorry Ythsie.....Paul Mc Cartney makes me cringe nearly as much a Cliff Richard does
granted hes a gifted songwriter and performer but hes just not for me.........neither is Cliff Richard.........now if they were both Renault Captur owners that would throw a whole new light on it....

Totally agree !!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sorry guys don't agree about McCartney.. When he left Beatles and formed wings the early stuff was classic...
Band on tbe Run...Ram..Venus & Mars..all brilliant Albums in my opinion.
meterman_56

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm a die hard Beatles fan and McCartney has become an embarrassment in my mind.

·
Registered
169 Posts
tend to agree with you TC although sir paul has had his moments and i don't mean the frog song i remember cliff richard attempting to entertain the crowd at wimbledon during a rain break , now that was cringe worthy but agree the pair of them should retire gracefully lol

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quite like the " Frog song"
.......please dont take my comments out of context I actually dont mind listening to Paul McCartney......its just watching him I find cringeworthy!! Same could be said for Elton John.........all in the younger years yes no problem.......but these days I just cant watch them at all!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Agree with you Meterman!! The music was great!!
As for watching these guys....then we'd have major problems with most of the artists...as they get old etc... Think back and you'll find everyone like that!!It's the music that counts ...not their look or sexual preferences...otherwise we wouldn't be listening to epics by Queen etc...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well said Ythsie...In hindsight maybe I misunderstood the comments.. Having reread several again I totally agree that they are past their sell by date and SHOULD retire gracefully..but I also appreciate that they have been performing all there adult lives..so it must be hard to give up on all the adulation and attention they have got used to receiving..think about it guys and gals..we are all getting older..but in our minds we're still think of ourselves as young..same with all these aging rockers I suppose.
meterman_56

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have no problem with aging artistsIf there voice is still up to it Sadly McCartney has proved the last few live concerts he has done he isn't up to the job

People pay vast amounts of money to watch these concerts
Tom Jones still has an amazing voice (he is an older performance)

Elton John Mm has never had a great voice but still cuts it

Frank Sinatra was older etc etc

Lyn

1 - 20 of 21 Posts