Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a Renault capture 5 years 15 plate . Last week couldn’t get into my car with key fobs or secret key . Had locksmith out and tried for three hours couldn’t open car . RAC came out couldn’t gain access and said if anyone was inside car when this happened they wouldn’t be able to get out as it had deadlocked itself . A low loader took it to Renault . It took them nearly a week to look at it and said it will be £590 to replace the keys . Has anyone had this happen to them ? It’s very concerning to think you could get trapped in your own car

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Sorry to hear about your disaster and subsequent RIP OFF by Renault. The local Scrote would probably open it in 30 seconds using a signal enhancer. If Renault don't have this bit of kit they are available on the internet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that . If anyone has had the same problem please let me know

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
As Renault main agents have the equipment to reprogram, I am a little confused why they
required you to change the key cards, surely they could have just reprogrammed the
ecu to match the existing key cards?

·
Super Moderator
2,487 Posts
Why didn't the manual key work in the passenger-side front door? Wouldn't the key turn in the lock? This is supposed to be the way into the car when the keycard battery fails. It's also a serious safety concern as you have pointed out - if someone was inside the car when this happened, how would they have got out? If what happened is true and the garage will confirm it in writing, then you should be complaining very strongly to Renault UK

Reactions: ggboy
1 - 6 of 6 Posts