Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My media nav now won't connect to my iphone, I recently installed ios 12, not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Device is found but never connects.

Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
My media nav now won't connect to my iphone, I recently installed ios 12, not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Device is found but never connects.

Anyone else had this issue?
Did you sort this out
Mine connects but when phoning someone will dial but then link to phone

·
Registered
440 Posts
Unfortunately after ios updates some people experience problems connecting I-phones to the car,s bluetooth system.
On the medianav options, Clear or Delete your I-phone and any otherdevices that are paired with your media nav first then switch off medianav unit.
Turn media nav unit on again and try to pair your I-phone again with the media nav.

Hopefully then your I-phone connects,

If not go to phones bluetooth settings on Iphone and the try to remove your device (forget this device) option in phone settings, then switch off your I-phone, wait a few minutes then try pairing your phone again.
keep us updated if you get it sorted.
cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you sort this out
Mine connects but when phoning someone will dial but then link to phone
The only way I could get it connected again was to select 'No' to syncing contacts.
The syncing contacts didn't work previously and I just used the connection for music so I haven't really lost anything but it is actually a shame
that I can't have my phone book on there

·
Registered
440 Posts
Make sure you Iphone sotware is up to date.
It is well known that the Captur medinav unit is not the greatest unit out.
Sometimes my phone would connect other days in would not, also sometimes when it eventually connected the contact/phonebook would never show on the medivav uscreen which was a constant pain.
Lack of software updates from LG did not help matters.

There is another option which would be allow you to bypass or 'hack' your medinav but that would invalidate warranty on your unit.
Hope you get it sorted
cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts