Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I wonder if anyone can answer a question for me please.

We picked up our new Dynamique S NAV the other day.
As far as I can see we have the media Nav evolution as it has funky colours on the screen. The version appears to be 8.0.5

My question is this. Where do I find what the latest software version available is, and can it be updated?

I understand the map can be updated once within the first 90 days of registration and there after you have to pay. But my question is around the actual software version.

I was also under the impression whilst the car doesn't support Apple play it supported android auto. But I can't that working either.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No because the medianav uses Windows CE. Would be like putting diesel in a petrol car and expecting it to work.

R-Link runs on android hence Android Auto is now available.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Medianav evolution as stated runs on Windows CE which is a fairly old system and as far as I know hasn't been updated from version 6 for many years . I changed the unit for a Octa core 32gb 4gb ramandroid with a Android 8 unit which has more flexibility. Initially my old medianav unit needed updated maps they wanted around £60 to update map so I took the plunge and fitted the android unit and now I have a choice : Google nav, Waze, and Co-pilot. A lot of storage with two USB and Two SD cards. High definition screen..plays videos, music , wifi, 4g etc .The new unit was fitted without chopping wires and has a bonus of instant start due to a sleep function which uses a tiny amount of current to maintain, However the unit can be switched off if you are worried or going on holidays

·
Registered
411 Posts
Shane2005 said:
No because the medianav uses Windows CE. Would be like putting diesel in a petrol car and expecting it to work.

R-Link runs on android hence Android Auto is now available.
My error bud,
I was getting mixed up with the media nav unit
duh
cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scrumhalf said:
Hi there. I wonder if anyone can answer a question for me please.

We picked up our new Dynamique S NAV the other day.
As far as I can see we have the media Nav evolution as it has funky colours on the screen. The version appears to be 8.0.5

My question is this. Where do I find what the latest software version available is, and can it be updated?

I understand the map can be updated once within the first 90 days of registration and there after you have to pay. But my question is around the actual software version.

I was also under the impression whilst the car doesn't support Apple play it supported android auto. But I can't that working either.

Many thanks.
Hi,

The latest version of the software is 9.1.1 (just released a few days ago) and you'll find it by using the Media Nav Toolbox programme.

All the details for that are here:https://renault.naviextras.com/shop/portal/p2howto-guide?guide=Toolbox&topic=InstallToolbox

Hope this helps - I've just updated from 8.0.5 to 9.1.1 and hope it will cure some of the little glitches that seem to have been a problem with the system.

I think the Android Auto app only works with the R-Link gear fitted to the Signature models.

Edited by: fv24

·
Registered
2 Posts
stro said:
Medianav evolution as stated runs on Windows CE which is a fairly old system and as far as I know hasn't been updated from version 6 for many years . I changed the unit for a Octa core 32gb 4gb ramandroid with a Android 8 unit which has more flexibility. Initially my old medianav unit needed updated maps they wanted around £60 to update map so I took the plunge and fitted the android unit and now I have a choice : Google nav, Waze, and Co-pilot. A lot of storage with two USB and Two SD cards. High definition screen..plays videos, music , wifi, 4g etc .The new unit was fitted without chopping wires and has a bonus of instant start due to a sleep function which uses a tiny amount of current to maintain, However the unit can be switched off if you are worried or going on holidays
Could you please provide a link? How much did it cost? Is the steering control working? Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
Phoenix121 said:
stro said:
Could you please provide a link? How much did it cost? Is the steering control working? Thanks
Yes the steering wheel control works, here is the linkhttps:LOGAN-SANDERO-V5787/252812945658?hash=item3adcd368fa:g:FLoAAOSwCU1YyBZi

·
Registered
3 Posts
stro said:
Phoenix121 said:
stro said:
Yes the steering wheel control works, here is the linkhttps:LOGAN-SANDERO-V5787/252812945658?hash=item3adcd368fa:g:FLoAAOSwCU1YyBZi
Sorry if I'm digging out old post, but the link does not work... Can you let us know more about the process? I would like to replace my medianavto a better one as wel...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,i have tried updating the latest version, but my media nav still says the old version 4.1.1 instead of the new version 9.1.1 so it hasn't updated anything on my media nav.
Do you know if any other renault sat nav will fit into the captur ie clio, kadjar or megane.

Kindest Regards...

The latest version of the software is 9.1.1 (just released a few days ago) and you'll find it by using the Media Nav Toolbox programme.

All the details for that are here:Renault Media Nav Services - Map updates for your navigation device and more...

Hope this helps - I've just updated from 8.0.5 to 9.1.1 and hope it will cure some of the little glitches that seem to have been a problem with the system.

I think the Android Auto app only works with the R-Link gear fitted to the Signature models.

Edited by: fv24

1 - 13 of 13 Posts