Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just got a new iPhone (5c) which connects fine to the media nav. The songs seem to jump every so often ( unite a lot sometimes). Does anyone have any ideas why this may be?

Also, it shows just one song on my media Nav screen (no picture). Is this correct ?Edited by: Redtraveller

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Using a usb you get the art pictures up automatically (if they are there - can also add with creevity). Better than bluetooth and always works well. Also it mutes for voice instructions when using navigation!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tyrfelin said:
Using a usb you get the art pictures up automatically (if they are there - can also add with creevity). Better than bluetooth and always works well. Also it mutes for voice instructions when using navigation!
Thanks, my only worry with USB was that I would have to scroll through loads of songs to find the one I wanted. With the phone you can look at your list of albums and just pick a song you want.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Seems that The issue of Bluetooth Streaming from (most/all) phones is a harware issue in the Medianav unit. They know about this issue but won't have a fix in place until this time next year (if it ever happens)In meantime anyone who has this issue should report/complain about it. It is not your phone it is the Medianav unit iteself not being up to the task.
Buying a device which cannot do what it says...

·
Registered
39 Posts
This isn't a phone issue, but a Bluetooth "issue". It was never designed to work with 2 devices at the same time (phone and music streaming).It's not a Captur exclusive problem. Just google it!!
Try turning of the Phonebook sync. That will help, but not solve the problem completely.
I'm intrigued to hear the Renault have a fix inthepipeline. Are theredesigningtheBluetooth standards?

·
Registered
84 Posts
As it is the Mobile doing all the work here (being the server) , doesn't a IPhone stop playing music when a call comes in ?and starts again when you hang up ?
E.g. it is a serial process ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think that is the problem.Because it is a serial stream....when the MediaNav polls for an update to the phone-book (which It does regularly), it interferes with the music that is being streamed.
That is my understanding from the threads I have read on other websites....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts