Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

my wife has just (today) picked up her Capture.

Now she's not majorly technical so I'll be doing the updates to her Media Nav etc which I've just done.

But when launching the toolbox for the second time, it tells me we have a 'Latest Map Guarantee', but the 'latest' maps are from 2013 Q2.

Any idea when the next maps might be available, and if so how long does this'Latest Map Guarantee' last for as it might be best us waiting to update them

Thanks

p.s. can you search for addresses just by using postcode? I thought this standard on nearly all sat navs but haven't been able to find the option

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Part postcode search or search by town and street eg SA 15 would find Llanelli then you could search street names and get to street in which property lies.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I was about to post, but was beaten to it! The forum is really a friendly bunch!!
You can update as many times as you wish within the three months...I'm surprised that you can do a postcode search as I thought it wasn't possible on Media Nav but Tyrfelin has the system so he's bound to know better than me..I have R link and it's simple using it there!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the help :)I've just updated the maps and hope in the next couple of months they do so again as 2013 Q2 was a while ago.

I'm tempted to swap my civic for one thats how much I like it so far.

Were having a baby in March so she needed to get rid of her Fiat 500 (it was a hard decision for her as she loved the car)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Good man! It is a great car...as long as fuel consumption is not your main goal...It's good but as many say on here diesel if you do distances..
Not so many have the GREAT 120 Auto! We seem to be an exclussive bunch on this forum ... (eh Crossbow?)
Believe me that the 120 is special!! Really great auto box and very similar petrol consumption to the 90...
I think your wife's one will win her heart over!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
welcome to the club w00dimusPr1me. as Tyrfelin said you can upgrade to full post code but i believe the price is £57. not really worth it if you dont use the satnav function much in my opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Got the wife a clio 900 tce few days ago. Been having a play around with this media nav system, the post code issue is boiling my p**s. The salesman never mentioned the whole you need to update to use the full post code option. I'm in the process of updating free maps will this fix this issue or do I have to bite the bullet and pay?. A bad move from Renault in my eyes, had to use my iphone for sat nav on the weekend!. Is there a hack for this with downloaded software?. Apologies for being a clio owner in the capturo forum. Lol

·
Registered
924 Posts
The full post code service is only available with a "bought" updates.

The partial post code system works well. it uses a drop-down menu system. Good enough for me. But if you are used to using full postcodes and do it a lot, then £57, the cost of the paid update, will be your way forward.

I had to do two update processes before it my mediaNav was up-to-date.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I don't think you need to pay for the extra search. Works fine on partial which gives you the town or city. You should know what street you are looking for! Also you could use a smartphone to give you a street name. I find it works fine! HONEST!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts