Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know how to mute the Media-nav radio but still leave the navigation voice active? I can see how to mute the whole unit, and how to silence the turn-by-turn instructions, but sometimes I want to drive in silence and just use the satnav.

I've only had the Captur for a couple of days, and I guess this is just a setting I haven't found yet.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums!

You're probably of the very small minority who actually have a Captur at the moment and speaking of which, what have you got and have you any pictures to share?

Reading other sites it appears to be an issue with the Clio and Megane too but not resolutions I can see yet...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan, I think that was the conclusion I was coming to. Hopefully a mute feature will be added by a software update.As a workaround, I'm going to try making a fake source - maybe a USB memory stick with an hour-long silent track on it.

I've got a shiny blue (Tahoe?) 1.5 diesel Dynamique Media-Nav. It was ordered in late-July with a predicted delivery in September but the dealer found one pretty similar it somewhere in the channel (not literally in the Channel
) so we picked it up last week. I think the dealer was happy to do the extra work so they could count it as a July sale.

I'll see if I can get a picture in a more glamorous location - at the moment it's sitting in the car park alongside the skips and bins of the recycling centre. However, even in that setting it's quite distinctive amongst the drab colours of the other cars.

So far it's been pretty positive experience - as you can see when my only query is about the radio.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
That's good to hear then. I agree - I think as more people shout up Renault should issue a software fix. It will be worthwhile mentioning it to customer services I guess so that they are aware.

Look forward to seeing the pics!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Try to press both Volume up and Volume down buttons on wheel remote control - it's work as mute button, but not sure - if voice commands are not muted to. Cannot check it right now

·
Registered
84 Posts
My Modus has a "Pause" lever between the Volume up and Volume down levers. This Mutes the radio but still allows Traffic messages through.

On my old (Mark II) Clio this was achieved by pulling the Volume up and down levers simultaneously.

Captur ordered 15 August with delivery, quoted, as week beginning 14 October.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi I've just picked up my cuptur when you have the radio on turn the volumedown or offthen go to the sat nav set it up and away you go you can hare the sat nav and no radio hope this helps

·
Registered
924 Posts
Xyzzy,Welcom to the forum.

Try this forum link.
http://www.capturownersclub.co.uk/forum/medianav-satnav_topic786.html?KW=media

I put a comprehensive description on how to do this.

As a suggestion if you used the search and advanced search you will probably find the answer to any of your queries.

We, as a group, are becoming quite experienced in the quirks of the captur.

Edited by: crossbow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts