Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day in someone posted a picture of the media nav player screen and on it was the album picture. Can anybody tell me what I need to do to do the same. What files have to be in the folder?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I tried copying from iTunes,but not all the artwork carried over. In the end I used the auto tag item in media monkey to get the artwork, then copied off the computer to my memory stick and voila! I have artwork....

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got my music on a usb stick and have tried to make sure the relevant album cover is in the folder. These are usually JPEGS.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ditto, and only cut and pasted onto USB stick. I'm using a 16gb but only got about 3gbs on it at he mo.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ok - I like the idea of having the album Artwork as above - I couldn't transfer it from Itunes, so I have copied and pasted a Jpeg image of each of the albums artwork to the each music folder where the songs are stored on the memory stick. However, it still doesn't appear on the screen when songs are playing - am I missing something ??

·
Registered
260 Posts
The artwork needs to be part of the file for it to show, have you tried re-adding the artwork to your songs through itunes?

As sometimes, on an album for instance, it may seem like the artworks visible for all the songs when it may only be attached to one or two songs from that album.

Alternatively you could download a 3rd party program that will attach artwork to your mp3 files. Something like Creevity would do the job.Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I was having a similar problem and found adding a jpeg of album artwork to the album folder did not work.
I downloaded a freeware program called "taghycardia" this can be found at;
<a href="http://www.tucows.com/search.html?search_scope=win&tree_id=&cost=&tag=&search_terms=taghycardia&search_type=soft" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.tucows.com/search.html?search_scope=win&tree_id=&cost=&tag=&search_terms=taghycardia&search_type=soft
</a>

It allows you to find the art work and hey presto. You do need to study the programme a little but once you understand it, it works great. I have done this to all my folders and all is good. I have put my music in folders as it makes it easier to find a track on a particular album. The medianav displays your folders and this is where you make your choice.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes success, used Creevity to asign a web down loaded graphic for each mp3 filein the different albums folder. Still cant do it to WMA files however, but seeings most of my collection is in mp3 for cutting and pasting ease it doesnt really matter.
If any body else tries this then one tip is to make sure if you do have the album graphic make sure its in the folder so you can add it to the mp3 as some of the web based ones are generic to track 1 etc.

Many thanks for the above advice in curing this problem, a good example of shared knowledge.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks to everyone who have posted answers, particularly JIM135 - I downloaded the MP3tag software you suggested. Once I worked out how to use it from the Help guide it was a doddle - have just tagged five of my albums, and tested it in the car - works a treat !!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mrs Whiteball is now getting a bit annoyed , Sat morning has been spent tagging mp3's.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just so everyone knows it's also a pretty straight forward procedure with itunes. Make a folder to put the artwork in (I put mine on the desktop for easy access), search the internet for all the artwork images you want and save them all in the folder.

Then in itunes select all the files from the album you want and press ctrl + I (cmd + I for mac users) double click the artwork box and then select your artwork folder, then double click the image file for the album to add it.Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yup I mentioned Creevity on the 1st page. But as people generally have some kind of apple device thought id put a guide to that as its pretty simple.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You could always try MediaMonkey. It's a great bit of software that can act as a media play and better yet, if the artwork is missing, it can go get it from Amazon!

-Spikey

1 - 19 of 19 Posts