Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Only had my Captur DCi for 3weeks and its already going back to the dealer.
No sound whatsoever from radio or Satnav,Bluetooth will not synchronise with my phone and the first time I used the Satnav,postcode for friends in Scunthorpe put in,ended up at the Humber Bridge.
My first Renault and I'm already wondering if I've made a mistake.
Has anybody else had trouble with the all singing,all dancing Medianav?
Cheers
Andy Ness

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hi Andy,Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about the issues with Media Nav. Hopefully it's just a one off and the garage can replace it quickly.

I've not had any other reports of it being faulty yet, but then it is early days...

How are you finding the rest of the car then? Any pictures to share?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Dan,
The rest of the car is fine so far,love the keyless entry and push button start.
Averaging around 62 mpg at the moment yet the wife can get nearer 65,perhaps I have a heavier foot and of course,no road tax,bonus.
It's not a fast car by any means but it's a nice pleasant car to drive and I'm finding it a very relaxing commute to work and back.
One very small gripe is the electric folding mirrors,I assumed that when the ignition was turned off the mirrors would fold automatically,but no,you have to turn the switch on the mirror adjuster for them to fold.
Not a major problem by any means just a bit of an annoyance.
Andy
Photos coming soon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just had word from the dealer,Media Nav has failed and the replacement is on back order.
They don't know when the replacement will turn up.
I'm not happy about this,the car is only 4 weeks old and its had a major failure.
I am having major doubt's about the car,maybe I should have gone for a KIA Sportage instead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my Captur for less than a month and the R-Link is no longer connecting so no live satnav, e-mails etc for the last week. Have been leaving messages with the dealer but they have not responded to my phone calls.
The regular sat nav regularly says that no maps are found and I am having a problem with the sound dropping few just a few seconds then increasing again.
Disappointing as I love the rest of the car

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
It is disappointing but worse is the fact your dealing is not responding to your phone calls! That is not acceptable so make sure you push them

·
Registered
924 Posts
One thing about the mirrors not unfolding at startup. I had an Espace with folding mirrors. If they unfolded at startup, I would have been in trouble. I would never have got it out of the garage. It would have been just too wide. :). Still I Don't expect that would be a problem with the Captur. ;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's over a week now since the Media Nav failed and still no sign of it being replaced,no word from the dealer either,nice to know they care (not).
I'm starting to lose patience with Renault and in the back of my mind I'm thinking I should have bought another Kia instead.
I could have bought a Sportage 1.7 diesel for the same kind of money,I'm kicking myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Called in at the dealers earlier, (Evans Halshaw,Doncaster),got the usual couldn't care less attitude,everybody busy doing nothing,walking around with bits of paper in their hand.
Finally,someone asked me what I wanted,got pushed on to someone else and then onto a third person.
To cut a long miserable story short,the part needed will not be in stock for another 8 days and then ,and I quote ( we will try and fit you in somewhere to have it fitted).
Oh I'm sorry,I didn't realise spending nearly £17,000 pounds on a car from you was such an inconvenience.
Never again.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Exactly why I travelled several hundred miles to order mine, so I could avoid them!!! I'll even be travelling 60 miles to an independent Renault dealer to get it serviced rather than give them the business....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The new Media Nav was supposed to be turning up today.
No news from Evans Halshaw so I assume it hasn't arrived,no phone call to tell me what is going on,shameful.
I've already been put off Renault,never again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The wife has been into Evans Halshaw today,since nobody from the dealership could be arsed to ring us and tell us what is happening with the Media Nav.
Basically,they still have no idea when the new Nav will turn up and once again the "Couldn't give a toss" attitude was on show,this is the final straw.
Anybody thinking of buying a Captur or a Renault,think hard before parting with your hard earned.
If you would like a bit of advice,don't give Renault a second thought,go to a decent manufacturer,one that looks after and values its customers.
Renault,you are an appalling company.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This will also be my first renault, but I think your going in guns blazing against them rather than Evans Halshaw. We went to Evans Halshaw Vauxhall in Leeds to look at the mokka and its the worst experience I've ever had, we had to go looking in offices for staff. We found the manager in there and he said everyone was on their dinner, we waited 15 mins and the person had no interest in selling a car, all they wanted to do was post a brochure to us.

You need to stop blaming renault, yes the fault is theirs. But the customer service isn't. Once it's sorted you'll be happy, I presume you went for the 1.5dci for economy. If you had gone with the Kia sportage you would have only seen 45+mpg on a run. And no free road tax. Don't be put off of your car so early, all new cars have issues. You should be loving the care free motoring, I know it's faulty. But at least your not paying for it to be fixed :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excuse me,but please don't try and tell me who I should be blaming for the problems with the Captur,it is actually my wife's car but I just happen to be paying for it.
I actually drive a Kia Sportage,a 2.0 diesel XS,I bought this car new in 2006 and I haven't had any problems whatsoever with it.
When I take it for servicing the staff at Ward Green Garage (Barnsley) are not only polite and well informed they also can't do enough for you whilst you are waiting for your car.
I am 54 yrs old,I have been driving since I was 17,I don't need you to tell me what is and isn't a good service,either from a car manufacturer or a car dealer.
Olib,you wouldn't happen to work for Renault or Evans Halshaw by any chance?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
EASY.... Nessie3...I can imagine how upset you feel with your wife's Media Nav failing and on top of that the utterly disgraceful service that you've had from your dealer....but as far as the car is concerned, it could be any make, and you could have a problem....even KIA!
They're nice cars...and have quite a lot going for them...but they have their downside as well..which you have thankfully not experienced yet...
I'm also a new Renault customer. ..and agree with Olib1990...In this case it's the dealer that's letting the side down..Get onto Renault customer services as Dan suggests and tell them how angry and frustrated you feel!!
Give THEM your frustration and tongue thrashing!!
...that's advice coming from a 59 year old who has had 5 years more experience in dealing with these idiot dealers before!! Lol!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello Yythsie,
I did as Dan advised and got in touch with Renault with Live chat,only to be told all advisers were busy.
I left my phone number as advised and the next available adviser would be in touch ASAP,I'm still waiting for the call.
I'm not sure where the blame lies,Halshaws reckon Renault told them the part would arrive on Thursday,it didn't.
Then Halshaws say there are delays in transport from Spain (where the parts are built) to France and then onto the UK,so where does the blame really lie?
Please let me put this in a nutshell,Had I walked into the dealer and they said the part would be 2 months before it arrived then that is fine,I would be annoyed but at least I would know where I stand.
As it is,nobody seems to know what is happening and it is my wife and myself that is making the calls and driving to the dealers to get information,it's just not good enough.

Rant over,now for a hot cuppa.

·
Registered
588 Posts
2 sugars in mine please Nessie
sorry to hear your experience over this, and i agree its annoying when you are told one thing and then that changes with no excuse as to why. tbh my only dealings with Evans Halshaw left a bad taste in my mouth (Citroen dealership) and i swore id never go back to one, even to the point of travelling further than i had to to order my new Captur. maybe if enough ppl complain to Renault either the service would change or the dealership would be taken off them.either way doesnt help you at the moment

Really hope you can get it sorted and start enjoying the car, and if it helps ive had around 5 Renaults ranging from Clio's to the Scenic and ive never had a problem with any of them and im just hoping you find this after you get this matter sorted.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts