Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People
After much playing around with settings and trying allsorts of methods to get music to the media nav in an intuitive and user friendly way I have found a good solution.
1. The obvious way to send music to the player is via Bluetooth and this can be from most modern handsets.
2. all I-phones and pods can stream albums and album pictures to the media nav via usb, only problem with this was the unsightly cable running up to above the screen :(.
3. purchase a sandisk cruzer ( very, very small) usb stick from Tesco (£20.80 for 16gb) This not only doesn't protrude from the unit but makes the gaping usb hole look good.
Download maniac mp4 to mp3 converter on your pc (free software)( the medianav only reads mp3 format, hence why it didn't ready when I copied the mp4 iTunes onto memory stick) put in your usb stick into the laptop, load up the converter software and find the album you want to convert. Ensure that the destination folder is the external usb stick.
Outcome is you have tons of music you can play on medianav and no cables! you also get album artwork as long as you put this onto the album in I-tunes.

This is not for r-link, or at least not proven as I don't have this system.
I'm glad I worked this out as I was feeling regretful about not choosing r-link, and the Bluetooth connection was always a little jittery.

·
Registered
588 Posts
great thinking. although i think the flash drive is a bit expensive compared to ebay...got a 32gb for £15...just no car to go with it yet
lol and how are you finding the rest of the Medianav? thats what ive opted for

·
Registered
824 Posts
Good info Slinky
So far I feel like I have been brought bang up to date with the Captur.......bit of a technophobe unfortunately but I have found my way round the MediaNav unit quite easily.......I too have used a Cruzer usb stick to have some of my Mp3 music on board.....really easy to sort out and isnt the sound quality fantastic from the unit,really crisp sound but yet not intrusive to conversations as you drive either!
Its yet another plus for the Captur in my book!

Only thing I am still struggling to sort is my phonebook from phone to medianav,I have connection but phonebook will not load up.....no idea why but I will get it to work sometime soon maybe its phone compatibility problem!

Edited by: TC Eddy

·
Registered
924 Posts
I too have the 16GB Cruzer. Bought it weeks ago. But I too do not have the car to go with it :-(

·
Registered
103 Posts
TC Eddy said:
Only thing I am still struggling to sort is my phonebook from phone to medianav,I have connection but phonebook will not load up.....no idea why but I will get it to work sometime soon maybe its phone compatibility problem!
When setting up your Bluetooth your phone will probably ask your permission to copy the phone book and you have to grant this permission. Its not always as obvious as you would think.

When I borrowed the Dynamique S from Renault I managed to pair both my phones (work a d personal) and both downloaded the contacts just fine.

The other thing you can do if you have two phones is set one to answer calls and the other to stream music (both via Bluetooth) for reference my phones are Blackberry for work and a Nexus 4 for personal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys

I am still waiting for my Captur to be delivered (around Xmas time
). Judging by the posts above, I'm getting the impression that I cannot just copy my mp3 music to the USB stick and play it directly to the Media Nav system. It seems that I need to stream it via laptop or mobile.

Is this correct?

One other question: if I'm not mistaken, the Captur includes an SD card reader, right? If so, can I save the music on the SD card and play directly?

mj

Edited by: galeamj

·
Registered
588 Posts
i would think thats possible galeamj, i do that now with my Scenic.usb straight into the port and music is there. dont think the Captur will be any different. and i may be mistaken but i think the SD card slot is for the sat nav maps...

hope this helps. (one week to go till it arrives and cant wait)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey galeamj. I think the medianav will play music off a USB stick just fine. From what I've read so far the USB is the preferred way to play music on both the medianav and r link.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Your welcome! Yep the mini USB seems to be the preferred choice too! Apparently its a much nicer fit and doesn't stick out of the unit. Good choice
think I might buy one myself for when my car (eventually) arrives. Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love the way the media on the USB shows the Album Art and the name of the songs etc. I have problem with this on some of my music in iTunes and I dont understand why. I downloaded as suggested the Maniac converter and it works great with some of my iTunes music but with others I don't get the album art. The album in iTunes has the album art but when I convert and put n the USB stick it loses it on some albums (about 25%) it driving me crazy not knowing what the difference is - anyone help???

·
Registered
921 Posts
TC Eddy said:
Good info Slinky
So far I feel like I have been brought bang up to date with the Captur.......bit of a technophobe unfortunately but I have found my way round the MediaNav unit quite easily.......I too have used a Cruzer usb stick to have some of my Mp3 music on board.....really easy to sort out and isnt the sound quality fantastic from the unit,really crisp sound but yet not intrusive to conversations as you drive either!
Its yet another plus for the Captur in my book!

're your phone book

Do you have all your contacts on your SIM and your PHONE or just your SIM???

You need them stored on your phone as Medinav doesn't read ! SIM cards

·
Registered
824 Posts
My dealer said at the time of collecting my Captur that my phone is a tad out of date
........being Billy No Mates no one ever rings me anyway so to be honest Im not bothered by it
.........My wifes phone has no problem with operation with Medianav so maybe I should buy one of those phones........not to worry........I have tried both SIM and PHONE for my Phonebook......I think its the Bluetooth on my phone is old hat.......bit like Me!!

Edited by: TC Eddy

·
Registered
921 Posts
TC Eddy said:
My dealer said at the time of collecting my Captur that my phone is a tad out of date
........being Billy No Mates no one ever rings me anyway so to be honest Im not bothered by it
.........My wifes phone has no problem with operation with Medianav so maybe I should buy one of those phones........not to worry........I have tried both SIM and PHONE for my Phonebook......I think its the Bluetooth on my phone is old hat.......bit like Me!!
if your phone has Bluetooth it should connect

·
Registered
203 Posts
Get a 32mb kingston micro usb stick for under a tenner from memorybits..
meterman_56

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought a Cruzer 32gb for less than 10 pounds.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371072858186?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please can someone advise me how I get a CD onto the Memory stick in mp3 format? I have the stick, CDs and laptop but not a clue how to get the music onto the stick! Thank you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
slinkyj said:
Hi People

2. all I-phones and pods can stream albums and album pictures to the media nav via usb, only problem with this was the unsightly cable running up to above the screen :(.
If you do connect your iPhone with a USB cable and someone phones you it will not ring or will it show up and the nav unit and you will miss the call

1 - 20 of 22 Posts