Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone else had issues with a stiff USB port?

Using an official apple lightning cable and the port is very stiff, have to put the cable pointing upwards to get it in.

Anyone else had any issues?

·
Registered
924 Posts
My lightning/USB lead fits OK. The wire comes out the end of the usb connector, it is not oriented up nor down. The connector and wire gives me concern though, as it is so near my left hand. I am concerned I might catch it as I manoeuver.

To minimise this risk I put the apple device in the cuddy on top of the dasboard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nathan said:
Hi, has anyone else had issues with a stiff USB port?
Using an official apple lightning cable and the port is very stiff, have to put the cable pointing upwards to get it in.
Anyone else had any issues?
Hi Nathan I agree USB leads that stick straight out from top right corner of medianav unit creats an unnecessary hazard. Don't know what Renault or their suppliers were thinking, we'll i think we can safely say they were not thinking ;-)

My experience is USB port on the medianav is very fiddly to connect especially if you plan to connect/disconnect USB lead regularly. (Seems quite a cheap port connection, not very solid)

In my case car is left hand drive so cable is not so annoying, I have also got into habit of leaving lead always connected to the medianav unit. (leads I am using are old standard apple leads for iPods and earlier iPhones. all are difficult to plugin to medianav)

Been on lookout for some simple adhesive clips to guide cable tidily down to tray in front go gear lever, so far nothing found that looks smart enough for job.

MikeEdited by: MikeKL

·
Registered
409 Posts
JohnChambers said:
I think MikeKL has hit the nail on the head. the MediaNav was designed for left-hand drive.
This is obviously the case. Many of us are using micro usb to get around the problem of catching the stick.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Micro USB ..Gb stick is not the only way forward for everyone, but I do understand very much that it's a tidy option.

Has anyone asked for another USB port to be installed by Renault and if so, I wonder what options they would propose/provide for both left & right hand drive Capturs.

Think this is one for new Captur purchasers to question suppliers about?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts