Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me with the Media Nav

First the Sat nav: It keeps freezing on the Warning page before you press agree to driving safely. Agree/Proceed won't show up. Have tried resetting to factory settings, taken fuse out and replaced (as read on here) but nothing works. Dealer has phoned up another dealer but they seem to have no idea what's going on.

2nd. MP3 keeps freezing. Singing along next thing complete silence. Before I get it back to work again I need to turn the engine off.. then it will work.

3rd. Radio - is there anyway of getting better signal.. keeps loosing it all the time

4th. Bluetooth - Tried paring it with both my work mobile (as I use the car for work) and my personal. Work one (Iphone) will pair with it no problem and the system will remember it. where my personal one (Samsung Galaxy S4) will not pair.. and eventually when it does, it forgets the phone next time I am wishing to use it.

Also another fault that recently has developed is Check Hill Start assist appearing on the display (where it shows the millage) and the traction control light and spanner showing. After few minutes it disappears.

Otherwise I am very happy with the car, averages around 63mpg, it's a ok mix between a bit of performance and economy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to update you all.Phone now connects to bluetooth
Occasionally the Check Hill Start Assist still comes up. Still showing the traction control light and spanner
For the sat nav - I have given up to be frank. Been back to the garage - garage promised to ring me back, two weeks later no reply.
MP3 decides to play then freezes.
Now another problem has appeared - it seems to be jumping on idle speed, the rev counter is showing its jumping too.. I wonder what that could be!

·
Registered
921 Posts
check out some of the posts on here I think you may find it is a fault with the Medinav!

·
Registered
924 Posts
my dealer is replacing my medianav unit as they can' t fix the faulty one. But no spares in uk at present.:-(

·
Registered
174 Posts
My MediaNav being replaced on Thursday; took about 3 weeks for part to arrive, so don't give up all hope! Thankfully mine was only a problem with sat nav, so I could live with it. As the MediaNav is the only source of music I'd be asking for a courtesy car until the part arrived if it won't work at all....Edited by: thecookster

·
Registered
355 Posts
I got the traction control warning when I flattened the battery. Try checking the connections, then charge it up. They might all be related to the battery charge.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had the traction control error with the spanner and "Check ESC" on the display 4 or 5 times now, usually stays on while the car is running and is gone the next time i use the car. Seems to come on when accelerating away after a turn or a roundabout (not quickly!).

I also have the bluetooth streaming issue which seems to be fairly common, I'm generating a list of things for my dealer to check in a couple of weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts