Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I live and drive in gemany and got this beautiful captur in jun 2013. for the first miles 1 loved him,
until i saw "A very big problem":

MEDIA NAV has no TMC (traffic message control) and i lost some nervous hours, standing on the highway. I need this function and want to know, if there are the same problems in your country ...

There is no documentation, there is no line in the (german)price list, there is no information on renault.de and my very best dealer is not introduced (they are not alone with this bug in germany)

thanks (and dont smile, i have not enough experience in writing english)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is I know - Media-NAV is only navigation system, without traffic controls, etc.
R-Link is internet connected device with control functions, but it must be ordered separately

·
Registered
17 Posts
its a shame the media-nav doesn't have the traffic function, my old Peugeot 407 didn't have internet connection etc but had a traffic function that came from the radio (TMC) which was useful - will miss it in the Captur.

Maybe there will be some addition as to the media nav system as it updates in the future.

·
Registered
924 Posts
TBirdUK, I agree the loss of live traffic information is disappointing. I used to use my live traffic-enabled satnav on familiar routes to help me understand potential hold-up points along my route and plan alternatives, if necessary. My old satnav even suggested alternative routes. I certainly miss that.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Think it's a simple to use, good system, but I do miss the Traffic updates that I had on my Tom Tom in my Megan. Pity, as I am used to setting a destination and seeing if there are likely to be any delays on route.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help!!!!

Hi,

I have had my Captur Dynamique S medianav a week now and I still can't get the satnav to accept a destination, I put in the first part of a postcode and then the letters all go blank, I have tried to follow the manual but no luck as yet, having to rely on my trusty Garmin at the moment. Anybody any usefull tips/answers to my problem before I go back to the dealer and feel stupid.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The touch keyboard blanks out letters/numbers etc that are not relevant. Postcode on standard medianav is something like IP10 9

I think. I now have FULL postcode installed so can enter IP10 9QT
Plenty of threads on here about postcode. Give them a browse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts