Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..

Can I upgrade my media nav to r link and does anyone know how much it would cost?

I have my captur 3 weeks would there be an update in the toolbox worth downloading (obv not r link but just for media nav?)

Thanks..

·
Registered
924 Posts
It is not possible to upgrade to R-link. There is a thread on here discussing some of the details, but in essence the R-link system has connections into the car's systems that medianav does not. So the wiring loom to the medianav system is different to R-link.

The only way to get R-link is to order a car with it in.

I would say the updates via the toolbox are essential. It will give you the latest, available, maps. That process is a two-step activity if you have not updated before on your new car.

The toolbox will not give you any more facilities on your MediaNav, however.

There is an update that gives you full postcode destination selection, but you have to pay £57 for it. I am quite happy selecting an address from the drop-down list that the default partial postcode destination selection gives.Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
87 Posts
There is custom update to medianav system with additional features:
- parking camera option
- Navitel navigation program
- 7ways (Open Street Maps)
- total commander to update/edit files inside mediaNav system
- playing videos

possibility to use custom maps with built-in navigation system (iGo Primo), and probably you can add postcode files to your system (but it will be not-licensed, like piracy).
It's easy remove this update if you worry about guarantee for your car

Edited by: Telmah

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Read posts on the Dacia forum - my son says that this issue is mentioned with their Medianav system which is identical to the Renault system!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts