Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 captur tce media nav, is there an update for the sat nav as mines seems dated as it doesn't pick up some places i travel to...

·
Registered
33 Posts
If it hasn't been updated since 2014 then there most definitely is an update. Be prepared to pay over the odds for it and it is a very slow process to update everything (I almost gave up). In my (and others') view the satnav is still rubbish after the update. Not a patch on the TomTom in other Renaults.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I've not paid to update the maps on my 2014 MediaNav.... I bought a TomTom stand-alone satnav with lifetime traffic updated every 3 minutes, and lifetime map updates included. Much better option, IMHO, than updating the MediaNav

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Richie, the wife's got a late 15 MediaNav and we got that updated early last year for zilch, if youvé not already got it download the medienav toolbox and install on your PC there's info in there that tells you what to do or there's various youtube clips that show you what to do, you stick a usb memory stick into the media unit and suck up the info about the system/software in your car (the notes in toolbox tell you how) transfer the usb to your PC and toolbox checks your info against what is available on line, anything that is available is then transferred onto the memory stick, transfer the stick back to the car media unit and all available updates will transfer to your unit, when I did it last year toolbox flagged up a banner would you like 2018 maps so I clicked OK, the next banner asked would you like maps of Europe so clicked OK again, put the stick back in the car and everything updated new postcodes the lot, why I got a freeby I don't know but its worth a try, even if you don't get a map freeby it's worth doing just for system firmware and software updates that are free anyway. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts