Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Plate Captur 0.9tce MediaNav
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon guys, I know this is a Captur forum but I was wondering if anybody could help with my Clio's media nav unit.

I bought a 67 plate Clio last week as a 2nd car to go along side my Captur. I thought the 2017 models had android auto, but mine doesn't seem to. Anyway, when i was trying to update the media nav unit and put the USB into it to get the data for the toolbox all seems well until right at the end it says "Collecting device information failed" it leaves a few folders and a log on the USB but plugging it into the laptop the toolbox doesn't recognise it.

anybody had this issue?

·
Super Moderator
3,142 Posts
With the original MediNav unit in the Captur, IIRC when you wanted to do an update you have to create what is called a "fingerprint" of the system onto a USB stick plugged into the USB port in the car. It sounds like your unit has tried to do that on your USB stick. If you can find a menu option to create a fingerprint, I'd have another go at doing that, then plugging it into your home PC and see what the Renault Toolbox makes of it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts