Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14 reg Captur has started having problems with the MediaNav. The standby screen no longer displays the clock and is totally blank. When I turn it on, I get a black screen with a only a few touchscreen commands which work.My Renault main dealer doesn't seem to have much of a clue.
Do I need to get a new screen, or is there a fix I can try?

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Remove the fuses to the unit and try a power-down re-boot (or get the dealer to do this, if convenient).
If that fails, it should be replaced under warranty

·
Registered
924 Posts
IvorETower is correct. I had mine replaced under warranty, after the remove fuse did not work for me.
Do try the remove fuse trick, it is like taking the battery out of mobile, when it locks up. There is always power going to the MediaNav unit, so taking out the fuse is the only way to do this.

Note: there is no "radio code" so you simply replace the fuse and the MediaNav will reset itself, if it can.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the helpful advice. I took the car back to the dealer, and they agreed the defects. They tried to re-boot, which did not work.They agreed that the unit required replacement, but had to get authorisation from Renault before they could do it. Fortunately, they did, so I now have a MediaNav that works properly again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please can you help me my Renault capture 2014 screen touch not working but radio is ok can you tell me any thing sir

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
If a re-boot of the device does not fix the problem, them it is likely that the touch-screen function is broken. The touch screen is a sensitive layer that is applied to the front of the display, as part of the manufacturing process .If it has failed, it most likely means that you will need a complete new head unit (radio/medianav unit)

·
Registered
4 Posts
If a re-boot of the device does not fix the problem, them it is likely that the touch-screen function is broken. The touch screen is a sensitive layer that is applied to the front of the display, as part of the manufacturing process .If it has failed, it most likely means that you will need a complete new head unit (radio/medianav unit)
Thank you so much for reply i will try it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much for reply i will try it
The only thing is the media touch screen has stopped functioning i can use it via the steering wheel controls but cannot change anything by physically touching the screen , and the annoying thing is I have get a new phone which I can not connect via Bluetooth🤦🏽‍♂️Please any idea🙏🏽😊 I appreciate you response

1 - 9 of 9 Posts