Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you help me re-set the MediaNav on my 2013 Captur?

My Medianav been misbehaving, so I tried to update it with a USB stick. I went through the proper procedures but the system turned off and shut down before the update was complete. I'm now stuck with an incompete update and a screen that just says "Update in progress" all the time.

I'd like to do a complete reset of the MediaNav but it's not having it. I've tried removing the fuse and disconnecting the battery but it keeps starting up with the same error message.

Is there anything I can do to restore my MediaNav?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The only thing I can suggest to do is to use the medianav toolbox software to format and install the update on to the usb drive again. Maybe the update got corrupted when your medianav turned itself off. Insert it into the medianav again and then start the engine and medianav. Hopefully it will re-install the update correctly. Without looking at the toolbox software I don't know if there is a recovery reset facility within it. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies, Wavey Davey. Nothing's solved the problem so far. I'm now in email correspondence with the medianav helpline, who seem to be giving me stock answers not relevant to my situation at all, but I'll keep on pursuing it with them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
As I recall dealers are able to load a complete version of the software, or is my memory playing tricks again?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Try using another formatted branded 8 or 16GB USB stick.
I have found some brands fail to work and others are better.
cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for your replies, Wavey Davey. Nothing's solved the problem so far. I'm now in email correspondence with the medianav helpline, who seem to be giving me stock answers not relevant to my situation at all, but I'll keep on pursuing it with them.
were you able to find a solution for this? I have the same issue with my Duster and I am looking for a solution.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Take a look at this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts