Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just updated the medianav system on my new Captur. As well as the free 2013 Q2 map update, I downloaded the full postcode search update for £4.45!! I had expected to pay £56. Pleasantly surprised to say the least. Installed it in the car and it works.

The download and installation process is just the same as the map upgrade.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi there
Im due to pick up my captur the first week of april ( no confirmed day yet), very excited!

Where did you go to get the full postcode search update for that price so that I can get that sorted pretty much the day I pick up the car

many thanks
james

·
Registered
409 Posts
On it, done it, works fine. £4.45 instead of the map update at £57that includes it. I think somebody some where has had a flea in their ear over this.If they hadmade this upgrade available from the start it would have saved a lot of upset andarguementamidst this group of Renault owners. Many thanks to 19max10 for bringing it to our attention.
Nice one, made my day, well chuffed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Brilliant Max. I've had a few issues finding certain locations that don't have street numbers etc and have been using my removable TomTom where necessary or driving round in circles
I thought the £57 I saw on the forums was a bit steep but under a fiver works for me

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just downloaded the postcode update. Then entered a FULL postcode for a destination I am visiting next week. Found it no problem. So one of the biggest gripes on Medianav solved for under a fiver! Yet again the Captur Owners Forum proves invaluable. And many thanks to Max for sharing the information.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I can't say not having the full postcode has given me a problem..but for under a fiver to update to it is a no brainer..once again well done to max for sussing it out..
meterman_56

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well I followed all the steps parrot fashion and all went well, right up to the last bit of plugging it in to perform the update. However, when I plug it back into the car it doesn't seem to update the full postcode functionality? Do I need to force it to update from the stick somehow? Cheers

·
Registered
409 Posts
Once you have paid for the update, it has downloaded and your tool box is saying your device is up to date. Take out your USB stick from your PC/laptop. Start your Captur system and plug in you USB stick, if all has downloaded properly it should update your sytem. I promise you that is all I personally did. Yours is the first fault I have heard of. Good luck.

·
Registered
924 Posts
If you are still having trouble with the update.
reformat the memory stick using your computer.
Then take the memstick to the car.
Use the update facility to load the current update details onto the memory stick.
Then take the memory stick to the computer.
Use the toolbox to interrogate the memstick. If you have the current version details on the memstick your toolbox will tell you.
Please note, the full postcode service is NOT an update, it is a new facility, just like the situation if you were buying a map of Australia, for instance. So you will have to select and purchase the full postcode option. Once purchased, it will be downloaded to the memstick. You then take that to the car for upload to the medianav system.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
409 Posts
Of course your quite correct Crossbow. The full psotcode recog is an enhancment and not an update, it is actually under "software feature". I bought it as such and used the wrong grammar to try to describe what I was doing. I had already done the latest free map update and did the Post code recog seperately as soon as I had realised it was available..

·
Registered
924 Posts
Thewhiteball,
lets hope things are sorted now. I didn't have a problem doing mine, so was only guessing where a problem might be.
Great, these on-board computers (NOT).

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cheers 19max10 just updated to full post code is great thanks for sorting it out

Works fine new route, just hit town and entered full postcode then house No then ok success

Edited by: jonjohn

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for the help. It is really weird as I can search & find on the Media Nav in the car, that the Full postcode add on is on my system ie it has downloaded it, but when I create a route it doesn't do the full digit postcode - no doubt I am doing something wrong.

·
Registered
588 Posts
couldnt even find it in my system when i tried it.
im usually pretty good with computers/phones/techno stuff but im useless with sat navs. never had a one yet i didnt break even just trying to do a simple thing like updating the map. im leaving well enough alone now...i never use it anyway
lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Updated postcode, first time I tried it in the car it failed to work so went back to pc to check it was on the stick, it was there, so went back car and it worked so not sure what happened the first time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is actually a feature we have to pay for?! Jesus. I did reaslise it was missing, and thought it might be updated, but not for a cost!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Gone into toolbox set up an account but all I can see is map upgrades nothing about postcodes where am I going wrong

1 - 20 of 337 Posts