Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well maybe not hidden but I didn't know about it.

I know the sat nav bleeps a couple of times if you're speeding. I have this turned off as it annoys me when I'm 1 or 2 mph over.

I know it bleeps a couple of times to warn of a speed camera,

What I didn't know, is it goes absolutely MENTAL if you're speeding up to a speed camera. It bleeps and bleeps and bleeps, like the little fella is using a Morse Code to spell out a warning message.

I thought something was wrong with the car and slowed down to pay attention to it. As I went under the limit (and past the camera), it shut up.

Never seen a car do that before. I love it! (Unless there is actually something wrong with the cat and the speed camera was just a coincidence)

Does everyone know about this?

·
Registered
921 Posts

I got the bleep on day four and didn't know what it was

But if as you say the 'manic beeping is a speed camera warning that's brilliant

Lyn

·
Registered
924 Posts
I find the better answer is to leave it running and STOP speeding. After all that's what its for.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes but bleeping for doing 32 in a 30? Only because your eyes are watching the road not glued to the speedometer. That's annoying.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I shall not enter into a discussion on this. As an advanced driver one is encouraged to take it all in and not speed.
Traffic police don't like people speeding.

Ever had the smiley face radar trap on you. At thirty he gives a frown, over thirty he has a sad face. Keep him happy by being under thirty in a thirty limit. The speed limits are not targets. They are absolute maximum.

No excuse.

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
Satnav
Neuro said:
I know it bleeps a couple of times to warn of a speed camera,

What I didn't know, is it goes absolutely MENTAL if you're speeding up to a speed camera. It bleeps and bleeps and bleeps, like the little fella is using a Morse Code to spell out a warning message.

I thought something was wrong with the car and slowed down to pay attention to it. As I went under the limit (and past the camera), it shut up.
My after-market sat nav does that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts