Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have the problem I have with my Medianav system not resuming play correctly from my iPod? if playback is interrupted by leaving and locking the car, then when I return to the car the same track is displayed on the screen, but the play and pause buttons have no effect. I can work around it by using the skip button to move to the next (or the previous) track and it will then play, so it's not a major problem with short music tracks. However if I'm listening to a podcast (which could be a 90 minute drama) I have to skip back to the previous track, then skip forward to my podcast and then fast forward by holding the skip button until the track winds forward to where I left off listening. Very tedious! Renault Medianav help say this is normal behaviour of the system!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is the behaviour the same if the podcast was on a memory stick rather than IPod ?Certainly music on stick carries on from last used I believe.
Could be the media/codec used for the podcast in that there might not be enough info to find the point last played ? maybe ?
Worth trying a few things to narrow down the issue.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have recommended so many timeson this forum to use a tiny usb stick which is almost invisible when in place and works so well in the medianav setup! Amazon UK for about £6.00.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Using an iPod (or similar) is so much easier than faffing about with converting, seeking out album art. The iPod is easy to sync.thenplug and go.
Well usually.

·
Registered
924 Posts
My iPod Nano resumes from where it left off, when the MediaNav is turned off. It even resumes after its been unplugged and replugged, as does the usb memory chip. Even when swapping between the two.
Hope this info is on some help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Crossbow - interesting that your nano resumes ok. Mine is 5th generation. Is yours a later one?

I agree with what you say about iPods generally. I've experimented with usb stick and iPod and the iPod wins hands down. You can select by genre, song, playlist, artist or album. No faffing about adding album art, you can sync with your music collection automatically and you can shuffle across all your tunes if you want.

·
Registered
924 Posts
19max10,I bought mine specifically for use in the Captur, so its new. I believe its the 7th Generation. it does everything you describe.

I like the iPod Nano 7th gen. I can use it in the gym, and connect to my heart rate monitor, and publish my stats on the web, so I can keep track of my fitness using the Nike web site. Cool beast, just like the Captur.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts