Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Hoping someone can help. My partner's MediaNav essentially just isn't working. The system appears to be continually resetting itself. Essentially this has been going on a while. We had a new battery put in the car yesterday and this got us to the activation radio code stage (this wasn't appearing before, just reboot after reboot) but the screen is receptive for literally a few seconds then won't work. I tried putting the code in really quickly and pressing 'ok' but then nothing, and it just reboots again and again continuously. Does anyone know any solution for this?! Thanks.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi Markpopple,
Sorry to hear of your issues with car.
Was the battery replaced with similar brand and voltage, is it suitable for stop start?

I had issues with medinav on 14 plate and this was changed from when car was brand new im told.
Nothing but issues trying to update software with the appalling Renault toolbox software.
If you can take car back to where bought if possible, hopefully it will have some kind of warranty.
Renault know all to well about the many problems with the build and quailty of their cars but simply choose to ignore customers complaint.
Others will disagree here but I am only goinf by personal experience with Renault.
Battery issues were a common problem with batches of exide batteries from Spain which were poor quality and not suited to the stop/start of the Captur.
The media navs are another well know problem with poor build quality, screens freezing, not switching on, woeful sat nav etc.
Search Googgle
Keep us posted on the outcome
cheers

·
Super Moderator
2,574 Posts
Try pulling the fuses for the medianav unit for a few minutes, re-connect them and see if that sorts out the code entry issue. I had to re-enter the code for mine after changing the battery, but it wasn't an issue at all (once I had found the code in the handbook.....)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts