Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be missing something obvious here but when I input a destination and then switch to radio or media etc when I then go back to satnav it doesn't have the 'map' showing location. Directions continue to be given verbally but no map?

Anybody know the answer?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been wondering about this too, so I contacted the Renault Medianav helpline and their reply is that this is the 'normal' behaviour of the system. As you could guess my response to that is to say that while it may be normal it's definitely a shortcoming that needs addressing! Can I urge other Medianav users to log their dissatisfaction too? This is something that the Medianav developers could easily fix and it will be fixed if enough of us request it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I may not be following you, or fully understanding your problem, but I think I have the solution.
I had not seen a problem myself, so I think my intuition and yours may be different, but here is what I do.

Having selected the destination and ok'd it, the map appears.
I then go to radio or media player.
When I want to return to the sat nav system, I DO NOT touch navi, but touch MAP.
My current location and the route is displayed, and I can see and hear the directions.
I can switch between map, mediaplayer and radio, without loosing the mapping and route details.

There is no need to use NAVI again, once you have set a route, unless you wish to change the route or destination.

Hope this helps.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
39 Posts
I concur... Selecting "Map" is the way to go!!!The SatNav option is only for setting your destination. Once it's found it and planned your rout it automatically flips to the Map function.
Just select Map to get back to it!!

Also... for those of you who are like me who sometimes want the Satnav without any music playing, create a 3 hour silent MP3 and bung it on a USB stick. Play this with the satnav in operation and you will only hear the voice instructions and no music in-between.

·
Registered
924 Posts
You really do not need to be as elaborate as creating a blank/silent track. Simply turn down the volume of the playing system to zero. The navigation instructions will continue at the pre-set volume.
In fact each audio system has its own volume control. To adjust the volume simply alter the volume when the item is operating. For example when a traffic announcement is being made you can alter the volume of the traffic announcements. When the sat nav is giving you instructions you can turn up or turn down the volume to your desired level.

So one can have independent control over: radio, traffic alerts, direction instructions, media player; all at differing levels.

Edited by: crossbow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts